All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

milnoc
join:2001-03-05
Ottawa

milnoc to DKS

to DKS

Re: You do not realize how old a movie is...

said by DKS:

said by lugnut :

Somehow I think the accomplishments of a generation who can't spell without spellcheck, add without a calculator or drive crosstown without a GPS pale in comparison

Preach it, my aged brother!

I was once almost tempted to throw a friend's GPS out of the window of his own truck! Bloody thing was SO annoying, and I already knew where to go! I don't need a bloody road nanny!

lugnut
@communications.com

lugnut

Anon

said by milnoc:

said by DKS:

said by lugnut :

Somehow I think the accomplishments of a generation who can't spell without spellcheck, add without a calculator or drive crosstown without a GPS pale in comparison

Preach it, my aged brother!

I was once almost tempted to throw a friend's GPS out of the window of his own truck! Bloody thing was SO annoying, and I already knew where to go! I don't need a bloody road nanny!

And remember... Grandpa's generation INVENTED Atomic Energy, Solid State Lasers, Integrated Circuits, Digital Circuits, Cellular Networks and the Internet and DISCOVERED DNA!!! And we did it all with slide rules and pencils!!!

I mean really, what has the current generation truly created? Facebook and Twitter??? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Granpaws ROOL!!! Kidz DROOL!!!

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS

said by lugnut :

And remember... Grandpa's generation INVENTED Atomic Energy, Solid State Lasers, Integrated Circuits, Digital Circuits, Cellular Networks and the Internet and DISCOVERED DNA!!! And we did it all with slide rules and pencils!!!

Not to mention the foundation of all, TRANSISTORS (which came before IC's).

Xstar_Lumini
join:2008-12-14
CANADA

Xstar_Lumini

You don't have to be ancient to have watched Star Trek the original series over the airwaves, in 1982 I used to watch it on KHOU t.v. station down in Texas.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to lugnut

Premium Member

to lugnut
said by lugnut :

Um, most of that stuff was discovered by people of the same generation who post here. For many others, it was their father's.

Most of those things also weren't "invented" - they were discovered. Atomic energy always existed since the dawn of time. It just took some smart people to figure out how it worked.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to Xstar_Lumini

MVM

to Xstar_Lumini
said by Xstar_Lumini:

You don't have to be ancient to have watched Star Trek the original series over the airwaves, in 1982 I used to watch it on KHOU t.v. station down in Texas.

Since the show went off the air in 1969, your watching it on TV in 1982 is no more meaningful than somebody watching it on TV in 2012...

I can only go as far back as Star Trek: The Next Generation, which I watched live on TV for the full original run. And it wasn't my parents' generation who landed a man on the moon, it was my grandparents. For my parents generation to have landed a man on the moon, assuming that holding a position of note at NASA in 1969would have required somebody of age 30, they would have had to have been born in the 1930s. If they were to have been there from the start of the manned space program, they'd have to have been born in the 1920s.

Neither of my parents were born in the 20s or 30s.