Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4

1 recommendation

reply to Maven

Re: Windows 8's usage uptake falls further behind Vista's

People are overreacting because it's different. It happens everywhere. Even on this forum when Justin used to make changes people would freak out.

Everyones that complaining about windows 8 has only seen it and not used it.

I'll admit i didn't like win8 at first but it's very adaptable. I just never go into metro after initial boot.
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3
Everyone huh? I used it for over a week multiple times during beta, and it didn't get any better. Even setup a brand new Win 8 machine. It was a bad idea to force it on home pc users, and even those with touchscreens it was a bad idea to make all of the metro apps fullscreen on top of other issues.

If computer sales were so down why did Win 7 do so well also? It was clear businesses, and consumers avoided Vista for one reason or another. They extended xp for business customers, which many then jumped to Win 7, and pro even had a xp virtual machine for those who had to run legacy software. Metro is just another annoyance to IT admins, and home users. It's two gui with two separate rules which just isn't logically done.
--
I distrust those people who know so well what god wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires- Susan B. Anthony
Yesterday we obeyed kings, and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to the truth- Kahlil G.

norwegian
Premium
join:2005-02-15
Outback
said by BlitzenZeus:

It's two gui with two separate rules which just isn't logically done.

I have to smile there. Bloated GUI was mentioned long before now for previous flavors of the O/S, I've just realised we need to redefine it.

On a side note did they ever fix the Aero security issue? We now have twice as much GUI to exploit?
--
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3
Aero was disabled in rtm.

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
reply to BlitzenZeus
said by BlitzenZeus:

Everyone huh? I used it for over a week multiple times during beta, and it didn't get any better.

What didn't get better?
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

jbgroup1
Non Conformist
Premium
join:2000-05-04
Dayton, MD
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
reply to Alcohol
said by Alcohol:

People are overreacting because it's different. It happens everywhere. Even on this forum when Justin used to make changes people would freak out.

Everyone that complaining about windows 8 has only seen it and not used it.

I'll admit i didn't like win8 at first but it's very adaptable. I just never go into metro after initial boot.

I actually use the Metro apps about 50-60% of the time. There are some good apps in the Microsoft app store that I use frequently like the Bing apps, a basketball shooting app and the Netflix app (though it is not as good as the one on android [for that matter many of the metro apps aren't as good as as they are on other tablet OS's]). Bad and non-existent apps may be the ultimate downfall of Windows 8.
--
...as an individual, I have a right to [do] what I think, what I feel, and I think we all have a right to our own destiny as individuals. And I think I have a right to choose mine and everybody else has a right to choose theirs.
»jonestown.sdsu.edu
Expand your moderator at work

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to Alcohol

Re: Windows 8's usage uptake falls further behind Vista's

said by Alcohol:

Everyones that complaining about windows 8 has only seen it and not used it.

Contradiction, IMHO. The reason why people don't like Windows 8 is because of Metro. It's meant for a touchscreen, and really, for a tablet. Windows XP Pro and Windows 7 are very good OS's.

I have bootcamp on my MacBook, it's running Windows 8. Rarely use it. Although it seems to have very, very good power management.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein