join:2000-06-13
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Optimum Online
reply to La Luna

Re: [WIN8] Windows 8 Review

said by La Luna:

So that means you never make the time to learn something new? That seems rather unproductive.

What is unproductive is having to learn something new. May as well just get a Mac, or Linux.

When I buy a new car, I don't have to "learn" something new. I just get in and drive - because I know how to drive.
--
NOTHING justifies terrorism. We don't negotiate with terrorists. Those that support terrorists are terrorists.

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

1 recommendation

said by jaa:

What is unproductive is having to learn something new.

And you knew how to use an iPhone (or Android, or whatever touch phone you use...) the first time you picked it up? Pinch zoom, you always did that did you?

At some point what you know now, you didn't know, because it was new. Now it's not. In a handful of minutes you would learn the trivial new things to learn to use Win8... with a mouse or touch. Then you'd never need to relearn them.
--
My place : »www.schettino.us
Expand your moderator at work

jaa
Premium
join:2000-06-13
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Optimum Online

1 edit
reply to JohnInSJ

Re: [WIN8] Windows 8 Review

said by JohnInSJ:

said by jaa:

What is unproductive is having to learn something new.

And you knew how to use an iPhone (or Android, or whatever touch phone you use...) the first time you picked it up? Pinch zoom, you always did that did you?

Yep! Never needed an instruction manual, never had to look something up - it just worked. Even something new and different like that.

No, I didn't know everything day 1. But I was able to do everything I needed to - make and receive phone calls, surf the web, setup email, use email, etc. I learned new features as needed. Sort of like I don't know every feature of Word - but I can write a letter, and when I need to do some formatting, or add footnotes - it is pretty natural to figure it out.

I don't recall forum threads about the iPhone when it was introduced saying how unusable it was.

Boyko was right on the money.
--
NOTHING justifies terrorism. We don't negotiate with terrorists. Those that support terrorists are terrorists.
Expand your moderator at work