spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jytr

join:2005-02-03
Cliffwood, NJ

[Connectivity] Question-Anybody In Bethel CT have Comact HSI?

Hello, I may be moving to Bethel CT. I'd like to know if Comcast HSI is present in that location (zip 06801) and how is the service (residential + Business). What are the other options in that area AT&T UVersion - Any comparisons would be nice. THanks!

Darknessfall

join:2012-08-17
kudos:2
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Comcast

Re: [Connectivity] Question-Anybody In Bethel CT have Comact HSI

I'm not in Bethel but there is a Comcast user from Bethel here on these forums. U-verse should be available but that'll depend on the house. I suggest you type the address of a home you're looking at into Comcast's /AT&T's website and see what it'll offer you.

meskinct
Mad Scientist at Work
Premium
join:2002-01-07
Southbury, CT
Reviews:
·Charter
·Comcast

I used to live in Danbury and Bethel. My Comcast service in both locations was fine. »/comment/70243

I did have DSL (prior to AT&T even having a U-Verse product) from 2001-2007 and that service was solid as well.

Personally, I ditched the DSL and went to Comcast simply for the speed/value compared to AT&T DSL at the time. Again, prior to U-Verse being introduced.

Good luck and let me be the first to say, "Welcome to CT." Now pay those taxes!
--
Rich. My Website

Darknessfall

Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Comcast

said by meskinct:

"Welcome to CT." Now pay those taxes!

jytr

join:2005-02-03
Cliffwood, NJ
reply to meskinct

Thank you for the feedback!

However, the property tax I pay now in NJ is a way more than what I'm seeing in Bethel. In fact, the property taxes in Bethel are similar to the NJ taxes I was paying 10 years ago.

meskinct
Mad Scientist at Work
Premium
join:2002-01-07
Southbury, CT
Reviews:
·Charter
·Comcast

You are welcome. I guess there is one more thing to note about Comcast service in the area. It is a Cisco/SA area. Last I knew before I moved in Sept 2012 was that IPV6 was not deployed yet, nor was upstream channel bonding.
--
Rich. My Website

camper
Premium
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to jytr

I live in Bethel.

I find the residential HSI service to be very good, with regards to both speed and reliability. I get the speeds appropriate for the package I subscribe to. I do not see slowdowns during afternoon or evening hours. Aside from the occasional hurricane or freak snowstorm, the reliability is also very good.

You didn't ask, but I have also found the techs who come to my house to be very good to excellent. I've never had any issues with them or the work they did.

Comcast's customer service, on the other hand, is less than optimum.

[edit: reading further down the thread, there is now upstream channel bonding, but no IPv6 (I use a tunnelbroker.net tunnel for IPv6)]

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4
reply to jytr

»/search
--
I'm better than you!

Darknessfall

Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Comcast
reply to camper

said by camper:

I live in Bethel.

I find the residential HSI service to be very good, with regards to both speed and reliability. I get the speeds appropriate for the package I subscribe to. I do not see slowdowns during afternoon or evening hours. Aside from the occasional hurricane or freak snowstorm, the reliability is also very good.

You didn't ask, but I have also found the techs who come to my house to be very good to excellent. I've never had any issues with them or the work they did.

Comcast's customer service, on the other hand, is less than optimum.

[edit: reading further down the thread, there is now upstream channel bonding, but no IPv6 (I use a tunnelbroker.net tunnel for IPv6)]

I have 8x2 in CT. Not sure if Bethel has 8 down too. I got 2 upstream the same time everyone else in CT did along with no IPV6 still. Not sure if I'm in a Motorola or Cisco market but I have a Cisco CMTS and the website lets me choose the whole home DVR(If that's only available to Motorola).