share rss forum feed

Warez_Zealot

join:2006-04-19
Vancouver
reply to Guspaz

Re: Futureshop/Bestbuy abruptly shut down a dozen stores

said by Guspaz:

said by TLS2000:

Ya, we'll exclude the fact that they actually have expensive stores to build, operate and maintain.

And what does that have to do with anything? If you have an item with a $100 profit margin, and you sell 10 units, or you have an item with a $20 profit margin, and you sell 100 units, which is making you more money?

NCIX also has stores, and they don't seem to have issues with profitability.

I knew Best Buy was doomed to failure when they started giving their employees their stupid store credit cards and encouraging them to get indebted to them. Anyhow, I'll be happy when Best Buy finally folds up completely.
--
"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it."-Malcolm X

corster
Premium
join:2002-02-23
Gatineau, QC
said by Warez_Zealot:

said by Guspaz:

said by TLS2000:

Ya, we'll exclude the fact that they actually have expensive stores to build, operate and maintain.

And what does that have to do with anything? If you have an item with a $100 profit margin, and you sell 10 units, or you have an item with a $20 profit margin, and you sell 100 units, which is making you more money?

NCIX also has stores, and they don't seem to have issues with profitability.

I knew Best Buy was doomed to failure when they started giving their employees their stupid store credit cards and encouraging them to get indebted to them. Anyhow, I'll be happy when Best Buy finally folds up completely.

The only reason every Best Buy/Future Shop employee has their credit card is because Best Buy passes on the processing fee when an employee uses their employee discount and pay with a credit card. The BB/FS credit cards didn't have to pay the upcharge.