how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

peggypwr1

join:2003-10-06
Fremont, CA

[Bill] Comcast charging addl $8.00 "Hddver Converter Revenue"

This just popped up on my bill. They are charging $8.00 for a Hddvr Converter Revenue fee??

Even if you have a Motorola HD DVR, they are adding another service charge apparently.

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL

Re: [Bill] Comcast charging addl $8.00 "Hddver Converter Re

There has always been an extra fee for each DVR, currently $8.

What package do you have?

peggypwr1

Fremont, CA

Ihave digital starter package...68.49
motorola DVR HD 16.95

Then this thingjust pooped this month
Hddvr Converter Revenue 8.00

Blah!

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

Actually the dvr should also say dvr service and thats what the 16.95 covers. The service not the box. Is that the only box you have?

Roche1972

join:2008-02-22
reply to peggypwr1

I am a recent returning Comcast TV "Digital Preferred" subscriber (formerly a Verizon FiOS TV customer) who got an online deal for a 2 year commitment where I got a Motorola HD DVR for only $8.00 a month. I haven't received my first bill yet so I am worried that I will get ripped off and be charged the entire $17.95 a month regular charge. I am also subscribed to one HD converter and 2 SD converters at $9.95 each per month. I also subscribed to the Sports Entertainment Package where I get the first 6 months for only $4.95 a month ($10 a month after that 6 month period) plus free HBO channels for 3 months. I plan on cancelling HBO sometime in mid-April just before the free 3 months expire so I do not get slapped with any HBO charges. The Digital Preferred service I am getting is supposed to be locked in at $39.95 a month for the next 2 years of the contract so I hope I don't get ripped off on that.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to peggypwr1

said by peggypwr1:

Ihave digital starter package...68.49
motorola DVR HD 16.95

Then this thingjust pooped this month
Hddvr Converter Revenue 8.00

Blah!

Did the bill total go up, or was it just split? On my bill, the HD Tech Fee (currently $9.95, covers ALL boxes) is listed separately from the DVR Fee ($8.00 per box).

psujim

join:2007-10-10
Reading, PA

Yeah, we had a notice saying it will be split on upcoming bills. The DVR service (here, anyway) is going up by $1 per month, but they are splitting the HD fee and the DVR fee into separate categories now.

peggypwr1

Fremont, CA
reply to andyross

my bill went up, no splitting.

I have one Mortola HD DVR 16.95

and a Std definition Pace DVR for 9.95

then the 8.00 for that HDdvr converter revenue fee

Spiderman865

join:2005-12-27
Joliet, IL

You better call Comcast and ask for an explanation.
--
Yesh

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to peggypwr1

said by peggypwr1:

my bill went up, no splitting.

I have one Mortola HD DVR 16.95

and a Std definition Pace DVR for 9.95

then the 8.00 for that HDdvr converter revenue fee

It may be billed oddly, but I think it's correct. The $16.95 is the $8.00+$8.95 DVR + HD. The $9.95 is just the stock Additional Outlet Fee. They are now charging the extra $8.00 because that extra box is also a DVR. They may not have a separate code for a non-HD DVR. I don't know why you weren't paying the DVR fee on that second one.

RalphKramden

join:2007-01-10
Newtown, PA
reply to Roche1972

said by Roche1972:

I haven't received my first bill yet so I am worried that I will get ripped off and be charged the entire $17.95 a month regular charge...The Digital Preferred service I am getting is supposed to be locked in at $39.95 a month for the next 2 years of the contract so I hope I don't get ripped off on that.

why on earth would you sign a 2 year contract with a company that you believe will rip you off???

Roche1972

What I meant to say was that after reading the first post on this topic about an additional $8.00 charge or fee on that subscriber's bill, I just feared that Comcast might charge me an additional $8.00 fee or charge on top of the $8.00 a month charge for an HD DVR that was part of my 2 year commitment with Comcast. That's what I meant by the fear of possibly getting "ripped off" or a better term "bait and switched". I am currently satisfied with my re-subscription to Comcast after having Verizon FiOS TV for 5 years. I am just waiting for my first bill to see if there are any mistakes or discrepancies and if there are, I will call Comcast to try and correct them, that's all.

Fiat131

join:2005-02-13
New Castle, DE

said by Roche1972:

I am currently satisfied with my re-subscription to Comcast after having Verizon FiOS TV for 5 years. I am just waiting for my first bill to see if there are any mistakes or discrepancies and if there are, I will call Comcast to try and correct them, that's all.

Care to explain why you left Verizon FIOS after 5 years?

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to peggypwr1

All the providers are nickel and diming everyone. Im with FIOS and we have a new RSN fee ~2.50/mo which I venture to guess Comcast will be adding soon.

dishrich

join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

said by bohratom:

All the providers are nickel and diming everyone. Im with FIOS and we have a new RSN fee ~2.50/mo which I venture to guess Comcast will be adding soon.

Considering DirecTV also has a $3 RSN fee in some markets ...you're probably going to see MOST providers do this; at least in areas that have more than 1 local RSN...

Roche1972

reply to Fiat131

The reason why I left Verizon FiOS TV after 5 years was that I became dissatisfied not with Verizon's picture quality but with the programming changes (out of their control) to a few of what used to be some of my favorite channels and they are Boomerang, Fox Movie Channel (which now shares its channel with FXM which shows edited movies with commercial interruptions unlike Fox Movie Channel), FamNet and RFD-TV. Boomerang was once a fine entertaining channel that catered to classic old Hanna-Barbera cartoons and now unfortunately shows mostly modern day cartoons like Pokemon, Powerpuff Girls, Captain Planet and Dexter's Laboratory. FamNet used to show The Color Honeymooners and Mr. Belvedere but not anymore. RFD-TV was only good for one show and that's Hee Haw reruns on Sunday nights. When I had visited Comcast's website recently, they had an affordable deal that I couldn't pass up so I re-signed up with Comcast and dropped FiOS once Comcast was re-installed. I like that I can get NFL Red Zone as part of a Sports Entertainment package with other sports channels at a reasonable monthly rate of $4.95 for the first 6 months and then $7.95 a month after that. I think that's better than paying Verizon $55 every NFL season for NFL Red Zone and get no other sports channels in return. I also like 2 other channels Comcast has that Verizon doesn't have and they are Aspire and JLTV (Jewish Life TV). Aspire shows old TV series such as I Spy, The Bill Cosby Show, Julia and The Flip Wilson Show while JLTV shows old TV shows like Candid Camera, The New Soupy Sales Show, The Goldbergs, The Chevy Show starring Dinah Shore, and The Jack Benny Program. I also like having not to pay extra for the Encore channels, Flix and Sundance Channel. With FiOS, it costs extra to get those channels. These are the reasons why I switched from Verizon back to Comcast.

Fiat131

join:2005-02-13
New Castle, DE
reply to peggypwr1

Thanks for explaining. I asked because I was contemplaiting moving from Comcast to Verizon, but I don't think it's worth the trouble.

Der_Idiot

join:2008-02-10
Norwood Young America, MN
reply to peggypwr1

You know, I wanted to call and complain about my $230 monthly cable bill (6 boxes, premier? and phone), but their billing office closes at 7 now. Man, no love at all from those guys.