share rss forum feed

dhudson1984

join:2008-01-04
Charleston, WV
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to dhudson1984

Re: Suddenlink fiber optics!

Lumos has their own fiber route around too and only use it for businesses. Their fiber goes up our road about 3.5 to 4 miles and ends at a school, but they won't offer residential fiber services yet. I've tried to get them to hook me up, but they wouldn't... I am the first on the list to know when they're ready though!

There's also CityNet (Headquarters in Bridgeport), which seems to be starting to grow and expand their own fiber more as well. They just received a Federal Grant a few weeks ago for their phase 1 of a FTTH/FTTB project. Phase 1 is focusing on the Central/N. Central part of the state, up aroud Clarksburg, Parkersburg, and Morgantown areas. They've said after those whole areas are complete by 2015, they're looking to hopefully expand to Charleston and surrounding areas.

benk016

join:2011-06-05
Owasso, OK

Suddenlink here in Muskogee, OK has fiber ran through at least most of the city. Both of my last 2 jobs when we've went to a business internet with them they ran it to us as fiber, and only had to run from the closest pole. No build out at all.

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
reply to dhudson1984

will wheeling and weirton get citynet fttb/ftth?