PunkChildP
Premium Member
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON

PunkChildP to MrMazda86

Premium Member

to MrMazda86

Re: [DSL] TekSavvy + Netflix = NOT GOOD

If you haven't done so yet. Post your details in the Direct forum and we'll take a look.

Thanks,
Paul
MrMazda86 (banned)
join:2013-01-29
Kitchener, ON

1 edit

MrMazda86 (banned)

Done. It appears that it will take a few minutes before the post will appear as it appears to be caught in the moderator approval for some reason.

(EDIT: Added info below)

For the record... the problem is back again tonight. I'm also noticing a drop in the overall speed and an increase in the ping again, as seen in this example:

MrMazda86

1 edit

MrMazda86 (banned) to PunkChildP

to PunkChildP
Well... I see TekSavvy's solution to this problem is just to say that the line is fine so there must not be a problem, then ignore the situation. This is the kind of thing I'd expect from Ali Babba Shaqua Shouvez at BELL to pull, not TekSavvy.

It's quite disappointing actually and is making me put some great consideration into whether or not to change providers. I simply cannot have a provider that tries to blame the problem on the customer's hardware, then ignores the problem.

I'm also not very impressed with the fact that when I was with Bell, my physical hardware line speed was just over 1Mbit faster than it is now that I've switched to TekSavvy. Nobody has come up with an answer to that, yet I see that other forum threads in the TekSavvy Direct forum are being answered.

I hope that TSI is reading this thread because I'm SERIOUSLY not happy with them at the current moment. 3 DSL connections and 2 Cable connections may be transferred to another provider over this. I also wonder what the Ministry of Commercial Affairs and Consumer Relations would think of a provider that IGNORES their customer's problems.... NOT COOL!

(EDIT: ATTENTION TSI Marc!!! Something NEEDS to be done about the fact that once TekSavvy staff is presented with something they either don't want to handle, or they otherwise don't want to explain, they just IGNORE their customer! This will be a GREAT way for TekSavvy to LOOSE BUSINESS!)
jerrycan1
join:2010-11-05
Waterloo, ON

jerrycan1 to MrMazda86

to MrMazda86
This is what I'm getting right now. I'll run a few through the evening as well (if I can kick everyone off long enough to get a pure test).

Do you suggest any times?

PunkChildP
Premium Member
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON

PunkChildP to MrMazda86

Premium Member

to MrMazda86
nevermind found the account in the direct. Looking into now.

Thanks,
Paul

Jethro86
join:2005-05-27
Winchester, ON

Jethro86 to jerrycan1

to jerrycan1
said by jerrycan1:

This is what I'm getting right now. I'll run a few through the evening as well (if I can kick everyone off long enough to get a pure test).

Do you suggest any times?

I'd be happy to get your "bad" stats. :-(

jerrycan1
join:2010-11-05
Waterloo, ON

jerrycan1

I don't think my stats are bad. Sure it is slow compared to the new offerings, but it is a rock solid connection, does everything I need and hardly ever lets me down.

My DSL and POTs are both on TekSavvy bills. Thanks Teksavvy!
MrMazda86 (banned)
Kitchener, ON

MrMazda86 (banned) to jerrycan1

to jerrycan1
I've found usually anytime between about 6pm and 11pm tend to be the worst. I cannot currently comment about tonight however because I'm currently in St. George where the problem does not exist whatsoever.

MovieFan
@rogers.com

MovieFan

Anon

I am in Scarborough and have had the same problem for the past few days: Netflix buffers repeatedly in the evenings. I also have Rogers service and avoid using it for hd streaming due to low caps, but for the last week I've had no choice but to connect through them if I want to watch movies without stutter.
distr0
join:2007-05-03
St George Brant, ON

distr0 to MrMazda86

to MrMazda86
said by MrMazda86:

I've found usually anytime between about 6pm and 11pm tend to be the worst. I cannot currently comment about tonight however because I'm currently in St. George where the problem does not exist whatsoever.

heh, another person from st george on here.. thats like, most of the population i think?
MrMazda86 (banned)
Kitchener, ON

MrMazda86 (banned)

said by distr0:

said by MrMazda86:

heh, another person from st george on here.. thats like, most of the population i think?

Bahahahahaha.... It's so true... If you blink as you're going down "the hill", you just might miss all of St. George lol lol lol