Majestik
World Traveler
Premium Member
join:2001-05-11
Tulsa, OK

Majestik to inGearX

Premium Member

to inGearX

Re: HElP - death in the family - any airlines do anything?

Doubt it can be done.
If you are employed or know someone well who is employed with the airlines it can happen.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

said by Majestik:

Doubt it can be done.
If you are employed or know someone well who is employed with the airlines it can happen.

Back when my mom was on her death bed, back in the early 2000's.
My wife called Delta and was able to get a bereavement discount.

And no one in my family works for an airline.
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned)

said by Snakeoil:

said by Majestik:

Doubt it can be done.

Since then the airlines have restricted or eliminated bereavement discounts.

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium Member
Tulsa, OK

Majestik to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

said by Majestik:

Doubt it can be done.

Was your wife in India?
I think Delta still flies to India. Still need to fly to the U.S. first. A lot has changed since the early 2000s.

If I was in India and needed to get to the Ukraine I would just list as nonrev standby on Emirates,Air France,or Royal Jordanian,etc.. Connect in Dubai.Get there probably within the same day and cost me around $100 or less.

inGearX
3.1415 9265
join:2000-06-11
New York

inGearX

thank you everyone for advice
said by Majestik:

said by Snakeoil:

said by Majestik:

Doubt it can be done.

Was your wife in India?
I think Delta still flies to India. Still need to fly to the U.S. first. A lot has changed since the early 2000s.

If I was in India and needed to get to the Ukraine I would just list as nonrev standby on Emirates,Air France,or Royal Jordanian,etc.. Connect in Dubai.Get there probably within the same day and cost me around $100 or less.

wait this is interesting

how is this done? you show up at the airport and ask to be "nonrev standby" with as many airlines as you can?

and they will fly you for $100?

please advice ... thank you so much ...

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium Member
Tulsa, OK

Majestik

Premium Member

You need to be an airline employee,relative,or close friend of one.
90% discount with most airlines in the world. If you have your standby ticket you just hand it to the person,she check seat availability. If seat available they check your documents,ID,etc. they give you ticket to go through security and board.
Cost me $60 to fly first class oneway to Brazil from DFW in December. Free in coach anywhere in the system.
Usually I always have backup tickets when traveling.Could have up to 3 different airlines on one ticket. If I don't have a ticket I would need to go to the nearest AA ticket office to get one which are scattered most of the world even places we don't fly to. I prefer the AA desk at Cathay Pacific office in Hong Kong.
On the AA network you are issued a special priority emergency pass for this.

inGearX
3.1415 9265
join:2000-06-11
New York

inGearX

said by Majestik:

You need to be an airline employee,relative,or close friend of one.
90% discount with most airlines in the world. If you have your standby ticket you just hand it to the person,she check seat availability. If seat available they check your documents,ID,etc. they give you ticket to go through security and board.
Cost me $60 to fly first class oneway to Brazil from DFW in December. Free in coach anywhere in the system.
Usually I always have backup tickets when traveling.Could have up to 3 different airlines on one ticket. If I don't have a ticket I would need to go to the nearest AA ticket office to get one which are scattered most of the world even places we don't fly to. I prefer the AA desk at Cathay Pacific office in Hong Kong.
On the AA network you are issued a special priority emergency pass for this.

got it

thx for explaining