spc
uniqs

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1 to bsangs

to bsangs

Re: Questions about MLB Extra Innings on FiOS

FiOS has no extra channels for NHL CI or MLB IE. They share the existing channels during the overlap of seasons.

MLB.TV via the MLB app which gives you all the games in HD on a TV would be a better choice.
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs

said by icemannyr1:

FiOS has no extra channels for NHL CI or MLB IE. They share the existing channels during the overlap of seasons.

MLB.TV via the MLB app which gives you all the games in HD on a TV would be a better choice.

I disagree. Have had MLB.TV the last couple seasons and it doesn't fit the way I watch TV. If Mets games weren't blacked out on MLB.TV it'd be useable. Otherwise, it's a hassle. Aside from having to change inputs to switch between regular TV and the MLB.TV streams, I can't watch Mets games on the iPad, the iPhone, AppleTV, XBox or the computer when in the home area. (Using my Slingbox will circumvent that.) Might have to stomach the early season overlaps I guess.

Also, any idea when FiOS make it available for purchase? Directv is already offering EI packages, as is MLB.TV.
SouthRIWants
join:2008-09-15
Westerly, RI

SouthRIWants

I have heard on a few forums that through In Demand, Fios will now have 9 HD channels daily for this year's extra innings. I'm wondering where people are getting this information from?

Also, I have never ordered this package on Fios before, do they carry the mosaic or some sort of game mix channel?

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

said by SouthRIWants:

I have heard on a few forums that through In Demand, Fios will now have 9 HD channels daily for this year's extra innings. I'm wondering where people are getting this information from?

Where are they getting the information from? People already have the new channels, that's why.
jr461
join:2006-12-21
Montvale, NJ

jr461 to bsangs

to bsangs
said by bsangs:

said by icemannyr1:

I disagree. Have had MLB.TV the last couple seasons and it doesn't fit the way I watch TV. If Mets games weren't blacked out on MLB.TV it'd be useable. Otherwise, it's a hassle. Aside from having to change inputs to switch between regular TV and the MLB.TV streams, I can't watch Mets games on the iPad, the iPhone, AppleTV, XBox or the computer when in the home area. (Using my Slingbox will circumvent that.) Might have to stomach the early season overlaps I guess.

Also, any idea when FiOS make it available for purchase? Directv is already offering EI packages, as is MLB.TV.

I hear where you're coming from and it is a pain switching from the streaming device to TV between games if you're using MLB.TV.

That said, however, I prefer MLB.TV since I can watch the Mets on TV and any other game at the same time on the iPad (or other device), thereby avoiding the switching issue.

I had MLB EI but that was when there were only 4 HD channels. Typically the Mets and/or Yankees would occupy one or both of them, leaving little in the way of HD left. I remember also that the SD quality was absolutely horrid, actually unwatchable. Considering tihe cost of almost double MLB.TV, I never looked back.

Pick what works best for you, and if there are 9 HD channels that helps. For me, MLB.TV works out well.
ChrisUK
join:2008-08-28
Falls Church, VA

ChrisUK to bsangs

to bsangs

If Mets games weren't blacked out on MLB.TV it'd be useable.

I though the blackout policy was the same on EI. No?

I watch MLB.TV via a Roku. Cheaper and more flexible.

Chris

celticpride
@verizon.net

celticpride

Anon

Right now new customers can get MLB EI AND NFL SUNDAY TICKET for FREE when you sign a 2 year contract with directv.I hope they do this with the nba league pass and nfl ticket this fall ,and i'll switch back to directv UNLESS verizon does some drastic change to compete with directv like having all sports in HD and DUAL FEEDS ,and hopefully adding the HD regional sports channels like comcast sports new england so i can watch here in southern california.
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs

said by celticpride :

Right now new customers can get MLB EI AND NFL SUNDAY TICKET for FREE when you sign a 2 year contract with directv.I hope they do this with the nba league pass and nfl ticket this fall ,and i'll switch back to directv UNLESS verizon does some drastic change to compete with directv like having all sports in HD and DUAL FEEDS ,and hopefully adding the HD regional sports channels like comcast sports new england so i can watch here in southern california.

That's why I just went back to Directv this week. That offer was too good to pass up. (Plus a free five-tuner Genie and four client RVUs.) The Directv Extra Innings package has every game in HD and you can choose from home or away announcers. It also has the MLB Strike Zone channel and a game mix channel.

However, since I have a free DVR for life from FiOS - and I'm keeping the internet and DV service anyway - I'll keep it active as a backup. The lowest TV package with sports costs me only $5 more per month than the internet and DV combo alone.