spc
uniqs
mr5e
join:2003-03-04
Griffith, IN

mr5e to Nerve

to Nerve

Re: U-Verse 2SD/2HD Stream??

Yes, initially you will only be allowed 2SD and 2HD streams. The tech should have told you this. Also during the installation the tech ran a signal quality test which reported the distance from the node. Depending on how far you are away from the node will determine the number of streams. If you are under 2400 feet you may be automatically upgraded to 2SD/3HD after about two weeks. The system will monitor the line and if the number of line errors is within parameters it will up your number of HD streams. The converse is also true, if there are to many line errors is may drop the number of HD streams. When the tech came out to install my Uverse and he ran the line quality test, it reported that I was less then a 1000 feet from the node. I have had Uverse now for over 6 years. I did falter and went back to Comcrap thinking that they may have improved, No such luck, after two weeks I ripped out the Comcast equipment and went back to Uverse.

Canezoid
End of line
join:2001-02-16
Powder Springs, GA

Canezoid

said by mr5e:

Yes, initially you will only be allowed 2SD and 2HD streams. The tech should have told you this. Also during the installation the tech ran a signal quality test which reported the distance from the node. Depending on how far you are away from the node will determine the number of streams.

# of streams is based on the bit rate of the customers tier, not the distance to the VRAD.