uniqs
share rss forum feed

jbob
Reach Out and Touch Someone
Premium
join:2004-04-26
Little Rock, AR
reply to gary0922

Re: Being charged for 2 digital adapters?

That's how mine is too. Since they were free(at the time) I just went to my local Comcast office and picked them up. I have never even hooked them up to anything.

I wonder how long I have been charged for these "FREE" devices. lol

I realize $4.00(for two) is just a drop in the bucket. My son is moving out and I need to cut back on services/costs. That what caused me to look at my bill more closely. One DVR will definitely go. I only have a digital STB in my bedroom. I may be able to get by with just a DTA there. But I also have a digital DVR recorder/VHS combo. It has a true digital tuner.

gary0922

join:2000-05-30
Wheaton, IL

In my area, the new fee started in January 2013. There was a very long list of Comcast charges included with the December 2012 bill which showed all of the new fees. The print is very tiny and you will have to use a magnifying glass to read it.

joetaxpayer
I'M Here Till Thursday

join:2001-09-07
Sudbury, MA

said by gary0922:

The print is very tiny and you will have to use a magnifying glass to read it.

There were 4 pages of this print. The clip above is just one column, it was two wide. Wow. And, common sense would suggest that each bill have a note, in the note section "YOUR BILL WILL CHANGE NEXT MONTH: HERE'S HOW:"

And, in my case, the current/new need only discuss the DTAs. Honestly, I might not have even noticed the charge when it hit, except for the alert here.

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
reply to jbob

it has to have a cable card slot in it. By the end of the year you will need a box for every tv unless you have an antenna. They are dropping clear qam.