spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Madreag

join:2013-02-05
Scottsdale, AZ

[AZ] Ultimate Tier, Consistent Slow Upload (~4mbps)

Current Speed Test with SB6120 (4x4 bonding):
~125mbps download (vs 150mbps advertised)
~4mbps upload (vs 20mbps advertised)

As you can see, my upload speed (4mbps) is very low. I have many friends who consistently hit 20mbps upload and are not even on the ultimate tier.

I have a SB6141 (8x4 bonding) on order. I’m pretty sure this modem wont fix my upload problem since all it really adds is 4 more download channels for bonding… but I can always hope. I’m waiting for this modem before putting in a service call to Cox.

Other than this upload problem, the connection has been fairly solid with minimal amounts of disconnects.

House Wiring:
There is only 1 connected cable running through my house, which I paid Cox to install. So no splitters or amps or anything other than a straight line RG6 from the outside box to the cable modem. I don’t have any other Cable services.

Signals:
Downstream (channel 1, 2, 3, 4)
SNR: 36dB, 36dB, 37dB, 37dB
Power Level: 0dBmV, 0dBmV, 0dBmV, 0dBmV

Upstream (Channels 1, 2, 3)
SNR: 36dB, 38dB, 38dB

Total unerrored codewords: ~7396000000
Total correctable codewords: ~1000

Any ideas?

CoxTech1
VIP
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA
kudos:77

Have you tried testing without the router to see if that could be contributing to the problem in any way?

kv2009

join:2009-09-14
Kenner, LA
reply to Madreag

Do you have QoS running on your router?

Madreag

join:2013-02-05
Scottsdale, AZ

said by kv2009:

Do you have QoS running on your router?

said by CoxTech1:

Have you tried testing without the router to see if that could be contributing to the problem in any way?

Thanks guys... it ended up being my router... the QoS engine was throttling the upload speed.

New upload speeds are ~20mbps+ now!

odog
Cable Centric Vendor Biased
Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-05
Atlanta, GA
kudos:14
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Madreag

125Mbps is about the most you'll get on a 4x4 D3.0 modem.(SB6141 should help there)

What do you have hooked up to the modem? Try going straight to it with the computer. Also windows XP is a bit of a dog, make sure it is Vista or newer on Windows or Linux/OSX.