spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

RRFast

@bhn.net

[CFL] Brighthouse Ups Modem Lease Fee Again!

Click for full size
And this is what we will receive in our bills for Bright House Customers another increase in the modem fee.

I guess you can say Bright House wants to be closer to the other incumbents in their charges.

I like the wording "This adjustment reflects our continued investment in technology."

Regardless if you have a DOC 2 or 3 modem and even if you had it for years your gonna pay now. HA!

Why not just raise your rates to $5 a month? Oh yeah that's right it would be uncompetitive.

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
kudos:2

Is this Legit ?

WinstonFl

join:2003-11-01
Deltona, FL

Yes. It was in my bill too.

Guide_Tim

join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to RRFast

Rate adjustments reflect changes in programming, operating costs, continued investments
in technology, and customer service. Rate adjustments are effective with your March 2013
billing statement.
A monthly charge of $3.50 will be applied to your bill for lease of the Internet or Phone
modem. If you choose to purchase your own modem, please go to
»www.brighthouse.com/ModemOptions for a list of compatible equipment.

Good Thing I purchased my own modem then
--
Taft CA Bright House Customer Since 2003 Lightning 60/5

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:147
reply to RRFast

The modem fee is optional guys...regardless of your level of internet service if you wish to bring your own modem and avoid the fee the list of approved modems is here ....

»support.brighthouse.com/Article/···et-9115/

Of course remember there are advantages to using a Bright House Networks provided modem especially for those folks who live in lightning prone areas or those who don't want the headache of maintaining the modem on their own or upgrading the device as technology evolves.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

sambowomble
Are you sure? If not check again
Premium
join:2009-11-23
Murfreesboro, TN
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Wireless..
·Time Warner Cable
·Bright House

1 recommendation

reply to RRFast

Me personally, I would rather just fork out the fee instead of having to fork out the price of the modem ($85-$90 give or take depending on the model) and then it go out or get struck by lightning, then I have to warranty the thing, and all that whereas the fee actually to me is a convenience because BHN will keep my router updated and replace it if it malfunctions. It all depends on the preference of the customer. Especially older folk or some that are not as tech savvy, this may be ok and give less headaches instead of worrying about updates and either having to file warranty on the modem or fork out for a new one. IMO.
--
From the Tampa Bay/Brighthouse Market - *This is the opinion of myself and not the opinion of BHN. I do not work for BHN. In case of any conflict between the content provided on this website by me and the content of BHN themselves, BHN comments dictate.*

neonhomer
KK4BFN
Premium
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL
reply to Guide_Tim

said by Guide_Tim:

If you choose to purchase your own modem, please go to

So where can I purchase a telephony modem?

IMHO, those that have digital phone should be exempt from the charge since we don't have a choice but to get our modem from BHN.

Nayan

join:2012-08-15
Melbourne, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House

1 recommendation

reply to sambowomble

I like the fact that if my equipment quits I can either drive 5 minutes to the office and get another one or I can call and someone will come out the next day. Some things I like to do on my own but things like modems/boxes I'll pay a fee for less of a headache.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:147
reply to neonhomer

said by neonhomer:

said by Guide_Tim:

If you choose to purchase your own modem, please go to

So where can I purchase a telephony modem?

IMHO, those that have digital phone should be exempt from the charge since we don't have a choice but to get our modem from BHN.

You can't quite yet...well you can but we won't activate the phone side and instead provide you with our MTA at no additional charge. My dad bought a Arris TG862 from a 3rd party off Amazon for Comcast and it works great and was litterally new so thats an option.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

neonhomer
KK4BFN
Premium
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

said by BHNtechXpert:

You can't quite yet...well you can but we won't activate the phone side and instead provide you with our MTA at no additional charge. My dad bought a Arris TG862 from a 3rd party off Amazon for Comcast and it works great and was litterally new so thats an option.

So we have to have the modem for HSI, and then a second modem for phone....

Curious, why won't BHN activate a customers own modem with phone? For example, if I owned this TG852 I have, why wouldn't BHN activate it for phone?
--
"F is for Fire that burns down the whole town...
U is for Uranium...... Bombs...
N is for NO SURVIVORS!!!!!" Sheldon Plankton

Keep Calm and Carry On

sambowomble
Are you sure? If not check again
Premium
join:2009-11-23
Murfreesboro, TN

Patience....a while ago BHN did not allow COE for internet and now you can.

Guide_Tim

join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to RRFast

Well this is interesting newegg.com is now selling The Motorola SB6141. I bought mine from amazon awhile back. I guess the SB6141 they are selling on newegg only comes in white.
»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···25390001
--
Taft CA Bright House Customer Since 2003 Lightning 60/5

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
·ooma

said by Guide_Tim:

Well this is interesting newegg.com is now selling The Motorola SB6141. I bought mine from amazon awhile back. I guess the SB6141 they are selling on newegg only comes in white.
»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···25390001

I have one on the way. I also found it interesting that it's white.
--
So put me on a highway, and show me a sign.
And take it to the limit one more time...