Premium Member
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT

1 recommendation

tcope to H_T_R_N

Premium Member

to H_T_R_N

Re: Buffalo Burgers?

Not sure how much heat a 3w LED bulb is going to give off (IR LED perhaps?). Personally, I like them cooked (160 degrees) instead.

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

1 recommendation

Msradell

Premium Member

said by tcope:

Personally, I like them cooked (160 degrees) instead.

Cooking them to that temperature will ruin them! It will be dry hockey pucks.
tcope
Premium Member
Sandy, UT

1 recommendation

tcope

Premium Member

Whoops. Was thinking cow burgers for some reason. Yes... cook to around 140 degrees.
H_T_R_N (banned)
join:2011-12-06
Valencia, PA

H_T_R_N (banned)

said by tcope:

Whoops. Was thinking cow burgers for some reason. Yes... cook to around 140 degrees.

140!! I do 3/4 to full pound burgers and the center never gets above 100. My rule of thumb is; you cook the color and flavor out of meet at the same time. Now I do like the outside of the meet to pay homage to the old french guy but that's about the extent of it. A very slight char on the outside edge and red, juicy and cool on the inside. Top with a lightly browned onion, sauteed mushrooms and a balsamic marinated tomato. There is nothing better on a plate!
tcope
Premium Member
Sandy, UT

tcope

Premium Member

You forgot the goat cheese! Balsamic viniger and goat cheese is _really_ good!

I'll have to try mine at a lower temp. I have a couple of steaks in the freezer right now.
H_T_R_N (banned)
join:2011-12-06
Valencia, PA

H_T_R_N (banned)

said by tcope:

You forgot the goat cheese! Balsamic viniger and goat cheese is _really_ good!

I'll have to try mine at a lower temp. I have a couple of steaks in the freezer right now.

Hmmmm Ill have to try that. I cant put the two together in my head.
H_T_R_N

H_T_R_N (banned) to tcope

to tcope
said by tcope:

Not sure how much heat a 3w LED bulb is going to give off (IR LED perhaps?). Personally, I like them cooked (160 degrees) instead.

I missed this, I was exaggerating a tad. There is very little heat from a 3 watt LED. I really do like my meet to MOOOOOOO when I bite into it. Its good to know your farmer.
tcope
Premium Member
Sandy, UT

tcope

Premium Member

said by H_T_R_N:

I missed this, I was exaggerating a tad. There is very little heat from a 3 watt LED. I really do like my meet to MOOOOOOO when I bite into it. Its good to know your farmer.

I should have understood that but it really flew right over my head. You were pointing out that you like them cooked very lightly. I don't think I was fully awake this morning.
tcope

tcope to H_T_R_N

Premium Member

to H_T_R_N
said by H_T_R_N See ProfileHmmmm Ill have to try that. I cant put the two together in my head.[/BQUOTE :

Goat cheese is just _super_ creamy. It's like blue cheese without the tartness. The balsamic vinegar adds a nice tartness to the cheese so they go together well. But carmalized onions and goats cheese go together very well. Sweetness from the onions and the creamy flavor of the goat cheese.

I LOVE to cook but I really just suck at it. Lately I've (finally) picked up on the need to have two opposite flavors together (salt and sweetness are two).