Premium Member
join:2013-01-25
Belleville, IL

Tech007 to Nerve

Premium Member

to Nerve

Re: U-Verse 2SD/2HD Stream??

said by Nerve:

The installer left without telling me that only 2 of the 4 TV's can watch HD at a time. Is that normal?

Need more information, do you know how to go into the modem and look up the configuration stats? It sounds like you are pretty far from the vrad and are prob on a 19m profile, hence the 2sd/2hd 25m profile is 1sd/3hd and 32mb profile is 4hd so it really depends

Canezoid
End of line
join:2001-02-16
Powder Springs, GA

Canezoid

said by Tech007:

said by Nerve:

The installer left without telling me that only 2 of the 4 TV's can watch HD at a time. Is that normal?

Need more information, do you know how to go into the modem and look up the configuration stats? It sounds like you are pretty far from the vrad and are prob on a 19m profile, hence the 2sd/2hd 25m profile is 1sd/3hd and 32mb profile is 4hd so it really depends

Unsure of the particular exchange, but unless the plant engineer specifies 19M for a certain "green" area for what ever reason, profiles are not provised for that tier on installs any longer, they would be provisioned for INID.

I haven't seen a 19M profile in well over a year in my area.

Tech007
Premium Member
Belleville, IL

Tech007

Premium Member

amazingly i've still done several 19m profiles in the last month or 2

Canezoid
End of line
join:2001-02-16
Powder Springs, GA

Canezoid

said by Tech007:

amazingly i've still done several 19m profiles in the last month or 2

Wow, that's really strange. Why not just provision for INID ? T2 can advise right off the bat if address shows green or red for INID availability.

Amazingly enough I just had a BP to SP conversion on a loop mis-assigned. Sub ended up w/ a 32M single pair connection, worked out better for the PT and for me.

19M tier is dead last case scenario and as I said, haven't had any of those in quite sometime. You must have some weird engineering issue out of that area.
Nerve
join:2010-01-04
Raleigh, NC

Nerve to Tech007

to Tech007
I don't know how to get into the modem details. I have internet with TWC... I don't know if that matters.
cissjbk
join:2010-11-17
West Columbia, SC

cissjbk

Easiest way to get Line Stats for the end user is to download and use UV Realtime ... you can get it here: »www.uvrealtime.com

Tech007
Premium Member
Belleville, IL

Tech007 to Nerve

Premium Member

to Nerve
download the uvrealtime.com like Cissjbk said but since your internet is twc, you will have to connect to the router using the wifi that should be on the side of the modem
Nerve
join:2010-01-04
Raleigh, NC

Nerve to Tech007

to Tech007
I finally got in and it says that I am 2400 ft from the VRAD with a recommended profile of 19,192 downstream and 2,040 upstream.

Tech007
Premium Member
Belleville, IL

Tech007

Premium Member

2400' is not horrible distance, its possible that you could get 25m profile and be able to get 3hd/1sd but it would depend uvrealtime is only a tool to get an idea..I would have to look more in depth.. or you could post on the direct forum where it is secure with your ban/account number so they could look into it for you to see if your line could support the higher bandwidth