Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

yahtzee
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Richmond, VA
reply to lutful

Re: What to check for a tiny leak in a 18month old washer?

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Interesting findings tonight...after my wife ran a load earlier and told me about it I came here....After the comments here I went snooping with a light. Had her hold the washer on it's side and it appeared to have water droplets slung down the back left corner...It's near where all of the hoses join. Check all hoses into the elbows and everything....all snug. In fact, it looks spotless in there (it is only 18 months old). I started a light load of wash and noticed that it appeared to sling water around the inside square enclosure of the washer (which is obviously exposed to the ground).....no hoses are loose, the load ran fine but that little bit of water still came out of the bottom...see pics above....I dont mind making a service call but wasn't sure if there was anything else to check.
--
If ever offered a breath mint - take it.

ArgMeMatey

join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:2
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·AT&T Midwest
·Time Warner Cable

said by yahtzee:

I started a light load of wash and noticed that it appeared to sling water around the inside square enclosure of the washer (which is obviously exposed to the ground).....no hoses are loose, the load ran fine but that little bit of water still came out of the bottom

Check the exploded parts diagram for the location of the anti-siphon aka vacuum breaker. I just had a similar issue with my ancient Maytag ... nuisance water dripping but no great threat. It was a $10 part.
--
USNG:
16TDN2870
Find your USNG coordinates:
USNGWeb