Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

obeythelaw
Premium
join:2003-04-16
Bayonne, NJ

[ML] sometimes don't see attachments using Apple mail

Is there something quirky with Apple Mail that sometimes prevents you from see attachments? Sometimes people will send me attachments but they don't show up but if I log into my webmail the attachment is there and I can open it.

agent1191

join:2002-09-30
Harrisburg, PA
If you slide the page up from the bottom, the attachment is there sometimes. My wife discovered that by accident.

kitsune

join:2001-11-26
Sacramento, CA
reply to obeythelaw
Does it say anything about an attachment in the header section?

obeythelaw
Premium
Bayonne, NJ
reply to obeythelaw
No I don't see the attachment icon in the header but I know there is an attachment because when I go into my webmail the attachment is there. Very odd.

Stacy
FotoDogue
Premium
join:2001-11-02
New York, NY
Have you checked your mail settings to download attached files more than xxx kb?

obeythelaw
Premium
Bayonne, NJ
Where is the setting in Apple Mail to download attached filed more than xxx kb? Can't seem to find it but I didn't think there was such a setting in Apple Mail for that purpose.

Stacy
FotoDogue
Premium
join:2001-11-02
New York, NY
said by obeythelaw:

Where is the setting in Apple Mail to download attached filed more than xxx kb? Can't seem to find it but I didn't think there was such a setting in Apple Mail for that purpose.

Mail Preferences -> Accounts -> Advanced

obeythelaw
Premium
Bayonne, NJ
Could it be that in Mountain Lion, they removed that setting? I looked at my settings and do not have that option.

obeythelaw
Premium
Bayonne, NJ
reply to obeythelaw
Was reading the help menu and it appears that that option is only for those that have POP accounts and not IMAP. I only use IMAP. I'm rebuilding the mailbox now to see if that helps.

kitsune

join:2001-11-26
Sacramento, CA
reply to obeythelaw
Whether you see the setting for attachment size is dependent on the type of account. IMAP accounts have a similar option: Keep copies of messages for offline viewing (make sure it's set to all messages and attachments). I would try rebuilding the mailbox. Just have the inbox selected and then click Mailbox->Rebuild. The messages will all disappear and slowly come back as it syncs back up with the server.