spc
uniqs
SpykeYs
join:2009-01-23

SpykeYs to coaxguy

to coaxguy

Re: [Internet] Fibe 50/50 + Fibe TV - How to add my own router i

Coaxguy,

So I would need to leave my PPPoE settings on the Sagecom ? Port 1, 2 and 3 would be used for my Fibe TV receivers and I would then use Port 4 and connect it to my Asus RT-N66U ? (We have the same router)

What is a Mac reservation ? You basically take the MAC on your Asus router and add it to your sagecom and enable DMZ on it ?

Once this is setup, your router will work 100% like it should ?

P.S Do you have DD-WRT installed on your asus ?

The reason I want to use my own router is to be able to use VPN on my router in order to use NETFlix USA...

Thanks again!!

anon_tipster
@bell.ca

anon_tipster

Anon

said by SpykeYs:

The reason I want to use my own router is to be able to use VPN on my router in order to use NETFlix USA...

Thanks again!!

If US Netflix is the ONLY reason to want vpn access, there are other ways to get the US netflix without using a true VPN.

I have a sagemcom and with the use of custom DNS entries, which the sagemcom allows us to manually set for the wan IP, I can access the US netflix servers.

Your likely paying a vpn provider for a US IP. The service I use is pay also, about 5 dollars a month iirc. Also has a free 1 week trial - no billing info required.

google 'Unblock Us'

HOWEVER

If your using the VPN for other purposes like a lot of people do, ie torrenting, this will not provide for same types of privacy there.

So, if Netlfix is your only use, you could skip the asus rt-n66u and just go with sagemcom -> switch.
SpykeYs
join:2009-01-23

SpykeYs

Ok.. I was lying..

I need VPN for netflix and other stuff ;P
pmcdunnough
join:2012-02-03

pmcdunnough to anon_tipster

to anon_tipster
said by anon_tipster :

If US Netflix is the ONLY reason to want vpn access, there are other ways to get the US netflix without using a true VPN.

I have a sagemcom and with the use of custom DNS entries, which the sagemcom allows us to manually set for the wan IP, I can access the US netflix servers.

[ ]

google 'Unblock Us'

HOWEVER

If your using the VPN for other purposes like a lot of people do, ie torrenting, this will not provide for same types of privacy there.

So, if Netlfix is your only use, you could skip the asus rt-n66u and just go with sagemcom -> switch.

To use a service like unblock-us don't you need to disable dns forwarding by the Sagecom and enter those two custom dns #'s? If you do that then FibeTV doesn't work. For example, you can't disable the DHCP server on your Sagecom without the TV's losing service, even if you have a DHCP server on your LAN. So, how are you managing to use custom DNS's on devices such as a Roku which won't allow you to set the DNS #'s?

With Fibe DSL ( not FibeTV) you could either disable the DHCP server or enter custom DNS #'s into the Sagecom and disable DNS forwarding. If DNS forwarding and DHCP are on then your devices will occasionally get the Bell DNS ip's.

It's all confusing...

philip