share rss forum feed

Fir_Na_Tine
Giggity Giggity
Premium
join:2001-01-03
Sout Joisy
reply to Nightwing

Re: [Sci-Fi] ST vs BSG

I saw what to me was ST TNG Enterprise from the series and the newer one from TNG movies. The Defiant and the U.S.S. Nautilus NCC-90101 is the almond shaped one that took a hit. Am I right?

I liked it but it was a bit long and drawn out. They seemed to put more detail into the Star Trek ships as well.
--
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
said by Fir_Na_Tine:

U.S.S. Nautilus NCC-90101 is the almond shaped one that took a hit. Am I right?

I had never seen that one before. it looks like a cuttlefish.

Oh here is a question regarding the ST:TNG Enterprise, why didn't they seperate the saucer section from the rest of the ship? never understood why they showed that ability but never used it even when heading into battle.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

sivran
Seamonkey's back
Premium
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX
kudos:1
Well, in the show it was an expense thing. Though, one wonders if they couldn't just skip the showing of it separating and film only the stardrive flying around. Later, using CG... hell they probably never even made a model of just the stardrive...which still doesn't explain why the ill-fated Odyssey didn't separate before heading into the Gamma quadrant.
--
Think Outside the Fox.

seaquake
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD
I don't recall seeing any of the Galaxy class starships in the big Dominion war conflicts without their saucer sections attached.

sivran
Seamonkey's back
Premium
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX
kudos:1
Which can be chalked up to laziness: they probably never made a CG model of the Galaxy class stardrive only.
--
Think Outside the Fox.