uniqs
Gem
Premium Member
join:2005-09-10

Gem to Link Logger

Premium Member

to Link Logger

Re: You got to be kidding me a HP LaserJet 4P on Windows 7

Got one of those usb/parallel cables for an HP LaserJet 6L.

Hooked it up to a Win8 64bit computer.

W8 recognizes the computer and says the driver W8 auto installed is "working perfectly" but all the printer will print now is garbage and blank pages.

The same printer has worked fine on XP 32bit for what seems like 10 years or so.

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

Dustyn

Premium Member

said by Gem:

Got one of those usb/parallel cables for an HP LaserJet 6L.

Hooked it up to a Win8 64bit computer.

W8 recognizes the computer and says the driver W8 auto installed is "working perfectly" but all the printer will print now is garbage and blank pages.

The same printer has worked fine on XP 32bit for what seems like 10 years or so.

That happened to me too.
I managed to correct that issue by doing one of the following things... but I don't remember which one or in which order I did these:

• Turn the printer off/on.
• Disconnect then reconnect the USB connection while the printer is ON.
• Delete the HP LaserJet 6L from Device Manager, then rescan for hardware changes to have Windows re-identify and refresh the drivers.
• Delete the printer from Device Manager and try adding it and configuring it manually choosing the port it's on and other options.

Eventualy, after trying this numerous times... Windows FINALLY got out of that loop where the hardware has been installed but not functioning correctly. It has never caused me problems after I got it working. I just remember this being an issue after setting it up after a re-install for the FIRST time. Good luck.
Gem
Premium Member
join:2005-09-10

Gem

Premium Member

said by Dustyn:

That happened to me too.

• Turn the printer off/on.
• Disconnect then reconnect the USB connection while the printer is ON.
• Delete the HP LaserJet 6L from Device Manager, then rescan for hardware changes to have Windows re-identify and refresh the drivers.
• Delete the printer from Device Manager and try adding it and configuring it manually choosing the port it's on and other options.

Good luck.

Already tried the first two steps without success. Will try the other two and hope for a good outcome.

Thanks.