Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JmGx

join:2003-04-08
San Diego, CA
reply to anonsd

Re: [CA] Upgrades in San Diego?

Whoa...I've got 8 down, 4 upstream channels too and cap at 30/5 .

m8trix

join:2003-12-24
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4

are you on preferred or premier

JmGx

San Diego, CA

Click for full size
Premier...is this normal?

unfeo

@cox-sd.net
reply to JmGx

said by JmGx:

Whoa...I've got 8 down, 4 upstream channels too and cap at 30/5 .

[att=1]

Where in SD? I am in vista with 4x1

m8trix

join:2003-12-24
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to JmGx

you transmit power is to high should be between 40-50, if you have any splitters try removing them

Beezel

join:2008-12-15
Las Vegas, NV
reply to JmGx

said by JmGx:

Premier...is this normal?

You don't have 8 down and 4 up. You show only 1 down and one up.

JmGx

San Diego, CA

...I thought this new modem with DOCSIS 3.0 would give me like at least 2 ;(

CoxTech1
VIP
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA
kudos:76

Upstream bonding varies by market. If anything the upstream power level of 54 is more of a concern if you're having any connection problems.

Cris

@allstream.net

I've had 8 bonded downstream and 4 bonded upstream for months now. I'm in san diego center -- near city heights & SDSU. I'm running an SB6180. I'm on premier and my connection goes to 32Mbit down immediately, but is capped right there. Interestingly, I'm getting 32Mbit up, too. Can't wait for some upgrades... 50Mbit wouldn't hurt!

unfeo

@cox-sd.net

Can a tech tell me what version firmware I should have? Mine is over 2 years old.

Model Name: SB6120
Vendor Name: Motorola
Firmware Name: SB612X-1.0.5.1-SCM00-NOSH
Boot Version: PSPU-Boot 1.0.0.4m1
Hardware Version: 3.0
Firmware Build Time: Dec 21 2010 15:52:06

JmGx

San Diego, CA
reply to CoxTech1

Tech is coming next Monday. Hopefully they'll fix it then!

jincuteguy

join:2003-10-12
San Diego, CA
reply to Cris

said by Cris :

I've had 8 bonded downstream and 4 bonded upstream for months now. I'm in san diego center -- near city heights & SDSU. I'm running an SB6180. I'm on premier and my connection goes to 32Mbit down immediately, but is capped right there. Interestingly, I'm getting 32Mbit up, too. Can't wait for some upgrades... 50Mbit wouldn't hurt!

Cris, Im in the same area as you (near City Heights and SDSU) and I'm getting 4 bonded downstream and 4 bonded upstream for a while now (I would get 8 bonded downstream if I get your modem, I'm using the SB6120). I have Premiere like you too so I got 30Mpbs+ downstream and it capped right there same as you. And I got 25Mbps+ upstream. But if I do a sustained speedtest at »test.lvcm.com I only got 2.5Mbps+ upstream which is what Premiere should get. So do you think you can do a quick test at »test.lvcm.com/ and tell me your upstream after the 1 or 3minutes sustained test? Thanks you, looking forward for your result.

Cris

@cox.net

29.9 down, 2.83 up... same as you!

jincuteguy

join:2003-10-12
San Diego, CA

Yea that's what I thought, so our area only got the 4 bonded channel upstream, just not the speed increase yet. Hopefully they will do a speed increase soon.