join:2000-11-23
there
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to DKS

Re: Can't locate main water shut-off valve

said by DKS:

(fuses are no longer allowed in Ontario and you must replace an old panel with breakers when you sell a house).

Where do you get that from? I know of multiple resales that have retained fusepanels.

I know that many with knob and tube are 'forced' by insurance companies to upgrade, but I have never heard of this with fuses.
--
The talented hawk speaks French.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2
said by Cho Baka:

said by DKS:

(fuses are no longer allowed in Ontario and you must replace an old panel with breakers when you sell a house).

Where do you get that from? I know of multiple resales that have retained fusepanels.

I know that many with knob and tube are 'forced' by insurance companies to upgrade, but I have never heard of this with fuses.

No house in the last decade or so in this area with fuses can be sold. I hear about it a lot when seniors go to move into a retirement home and have to spend a lot of money to upgrade their panel. It is an insurance question, like knob and tube. You may sell your house, even privately, but insurers won't insure you on a new policy. Same with oil tanks (must be double walled) and even wood stoves (refuse to insure).
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.