spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

NANA2TWO

join:2005-04-12
Muscle Shoals, AL

AT&T beginning to deploy DSL to rural areas????

Is there any truth to the fact that AT&T will expand DSL sevices to rural areas that are not currently served? Or is this just more of AT&T's propaganda? Sick to death of all these so called 'upgrades' but no service in my area. RT very close to my house. NO ONE in this area can get DSL or CABLE. Our only choice is expensive Wireless Broadband with ridiculous data caps or satellite.

tigerpaw509

join:2011-01-19

Rt doesnt mean you can get dsl.

NANA2TWO

Muscle Shoals, AL
reply to NANA2TWO

Guess I was misinformed. I was told all I needed was DSLAM installed. So sick of AT&T advertising, I would so love to purchase your DSL service AT&T, stop cramming your ads down my throat without providing the service you are pushing.

NetFixer
Snarl For The Camera Please
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
·Comcast

said by NANA2TWO:

Guess I was misinformed. I was told all I needed was DSLAM installed. So sick of AT&T advertising, I would so love to purchase your DSL service AT&T, stop cramming your ads down my throat without providing the service you are pushing.

You were more or less told correctly; your RT would need a DSLAM for AT&T to be able to supply DSL service from it. However, it would also need to be fiber fed (or the bandwidth available to multiple users would be worthless), and the delivery wire pairs would need to be cleared of load coils and bridge taps. And of course, there would have to be facilities at the CO feeding that RT as well.

Is AT&T really going to spend that kind of money? Not very likely in my opinion. What you are more likely to see is "wireless DSL" in the form of fixed LTE service (but don't hold your breath for that option either).
--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

decifal

join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN
kudos:1

said by NetFixer:

said by NANA2TWO:

You were more or less told correctly; your RT would need a DSLAM for AT&T to be able to supply DSL service from it. However, it would also need to be fiber fed (or the bandwidth available to multiple users would be worthless), and the delivery wire pairs would need to be cleared of load coils and bridge taps. And of course, there would have to be facilities at the CO feeding that RT as well.

Is AT&T really going to spend that kind of money? Not very likely in my opinion. What you are more likely to see is "wireless DSL" in the form of fixed LTE service (but don't hold your breath for that option either).

My RT is fiber fed and I dont have either dsl nor uverse.. I seriously wouldn't be looking for any more landline expansions from the landline telecos known as ATT nor verizon.. Wireless is where they plan to make their cash. Meanwhile locking down landlines to prevent competition from budging in.. Imo, with their lack of quality service and even service, they should have to free up the landlines...

Never know.. Hell might freeze over one day

NANA2TWO

Muscle Shoals, AL

It is just amazing to me that CenturyTel provides DSL services to ALL of their customers in a small rural county here in Alabama. My niece just built a house in a cow pasture (literally), in a very rural area. They have DSL service. I live on a state hwy here in north Alabama in a much more populated area that is served by a horrible cable company that will not upgrade their lines to provide broadband. We have no choice for broadband except metered wireless. When there are huge files to download for PC updates, it eats up the data for the month. Grrrrrr! I am so sick of everything in the world assuming that you have some type of broadband at home. I am told at the RT near me is fiber fed. Of course AT&T would much rather spend their billions on advertising services that they won't provide or just buying some company in India. Gee, doesn't that make sense?