All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Purple
@ikbcc.com

Purple

Anon

Delta search - how to remove it

Does anyone know how to remove this search engine from my computer? I have an antivirus but its not helping. Is it a virus actually and what does it do?

La Luna
Fly With The Angels My Beloved Son Chris
Premium Member
join:2001-07-12
New Port Richey, FL

1 recommendation

La Luna

Premium Member

You can try using Malwarebytes (free version) to remove it, if you are able to download it (make sure to update it after installing, BEFORE scanning).

»www.malwarebytes.org/

Also, instructions for manual removal here. Be careful, part of the instructions involve going into the registry:

»www.zimbio.com/Remove+Ma ··· om+Virus

If still no joy, post here after doing the Mandatory Steps first:

»Security Cleanup

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

jaykaykay to Purple

MVM

to Purple
»support.mozilla.org/en-U ··· s/943111 might give you some help. Otherwise, I would follow La Luna's link, »Security Cleanup

TonyKlein
Premium Member
join:2001-07-02
Netherlands

2 recommendations

TonyKlein to Purple

Premium Member

to Purple
said by La Luna:

Also, instructions for manual removal here. Be careful, part of the instructions involve going into the registry:

»www.zimbio.com/Remove+Ma ··· om+Virus

The removal instructions on that site are incomplete.

It's a Babylon Toolbar/Claro clone.

Download AdwCleaner. It will remove some of the files and reset the Search page.

Delta also installs a Toolbar and Browser Helper Object in IE:

BHO: (delta Helper Object) - {C1AF5FA5-852C-4C90-812E-A7F75E011D87} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Delta\delta\1.8.8.8\bh\delta.dll
Toolbar: (Delta Toolbar) - {82E1477C-B154-48D3-9891-33D83C26BCD3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Delta\delta\1.8.8.8\deltaTlbr.dll

They can be disabled in your add-ons.

It modifies or adds two entries in FireFox' prefs.js:

browser.search.homepage: "http://www.delta-search.com/?affID=115308&tt=261112_yh_4812_6&babsrc=HP_ss&mntrId=76e2cf1900000000000010bf48b7aaae "
browser.search.selectedEngine: "Delta Search"

Finally, 2 folders need removing:

%ProgramFiles%\Delta
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Delta

(information from PC Web Plus' "maxtar", who's usually right. )

That said, I still recommend you also post in the Cleanup forum, as Delta may not be the only malware that needs removing.

-------------
Tony CLSID List - A Collection of Autostart Locations

Purple
@ikbcc.com

Purple to Purple

Anon

to Purple
Thanks a lot guys/girls. We have a success. I removed it (thanks to you)
I followed the steps from the link jaykaykay gave me. Then I downloaded malwarebytes.
I read that its purpose is to redirect me to specific pages (many of them not secure at all) and as in my case i was not able to use any other search engines. Here is where i got the info »www.americanpendulum.com ··· -search/ It was recommended there also that i download an antivirus program but i already have one.

It wasn't that easy to remove this thing so i really hope it does not appear again.

DavidD
@ikbcc.com

DavidD to Purple

Anon

to Purple
Check this and see if it helps you »www.americanpendulum.com ··· rch-com/

you can also try this: »support.mozilla.org/en-U ··· s/943111
Delta_Search
join:2013-02-25

Delta_Search to Purple

to Purple
Hello Purple:
As a member of the Delta Search Support Department, I am happy to answer any questions you have.
The removal of our Search program is actually quite easy.
Please send me an email at support@delta-search.com and I will send you the removal instructions.

All the best!

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

said by Delta_Search:

Hello Purple:
As a member of the Delta Search Support Department, I am happy to answer any questions you have.
The removal of our Search program is actually quite easy.
Please send me an email at support@delta-search.com and I will send you the removal instructions.

All the best!

You are funny..you trash a PC..then harvest email addies. Be ashamed.
»blog.teesupport.com/delt ··· r-virus/

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium Member
join:2005-03-01
Polar Park

vaxvms to Delta_Search

Premium Member

to Delta_Search
said by Delta_Search:

Why not post the instructions here for all to see?
Expand your moderator at work

AlanT
@rr.com

AlanT to Purple

Anon

to Purple

Re: Delta search -Remove it with the uninstall file!

I found the UNINSTALL in the delta folder it worked and appears to have removed all the content and the browser junk.
Next i'll run malwarebytes to clean up reg etc. try looking here! ' C:\Program Files (x86)\delta ' for the driectory & the uninstall utility. Hope this can help others!