how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

OSUGoose

join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

[Other] The Integration Has Begun!

So tonight out of boredom, I pulled up TWC's webpage and started the process to order services with TWC ad my address (Current Insight Customer, TWC NEVER was serviceable to my address) It recognizes the address as being serviceable.

Ok another test lets call TWC and see if it recognizes my info, enter my phone number, it finds it in their system, tells me the last payment made and current balance, then I try to talk to customer service, and it finally discovers its a Insight account and dumps me over to Insight (could tell by the hold music, the crappy beach party sounding one) and Insight picked up.

Lady says the back end systems have been integrated and that over the coming months they will start to transition over to TWC stuff. They still haven't figured out how they are going to call things on the bill and such but we will be getting a lot of the stuff TWC offers she just did not know how they will be phasing that in. I was actually the first person she had heard of that a Insight address showed up in TWC's system. They have gotten a few TWC customers somehow routed to them, but they could not pull them up in Insights system.

So try it out and you may be surprised, it will even let you get as far as ordering (I didn't place a order as they want first month service charged up front).

El_Borracho

join:2004-09-04
Princeton, IN

said by OSUGoose:

So tonight out of boredom, I pulled up TWC's webpage and started the process to order services with TWC ad my address (Current Insight Customer, TWC NEVER was serviceable to my address) It recognizes the address as being serviceable.

In Princeton, Indiana:

"We’re sorry Time Warner Cable does not service the address entered. Please visit CableMover.com to find the Cable company servicing your area or call (866) 620-9093. "

rjbasye

join:2000-05-24
Dry Ridge, KY
Reviews:
·VOIPO
·Time Warner Cable

Same thing in Northern Kentucky. I do get channel lineups for Richmond KY using 41042 which is Florence KY

»www.timewarnercable.com/en/resid···ngs.html

john1290

join:2003-12-06
Reynoldsburg, OH
reply to OSUGoose

Not to rain on your parade but I just tried it for my Reynoldsburg address and amazingly, TWC now recognizes my address as well BUT....... the internet speeds are not there. For me, it says the most I can get is Turbo 20 megs. I have friends in true TWC areas and they can get 30 and 50 meg download packages. It looks like us former Insight customers will be stuck at 20 meg?!?! WTF?

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH

Nope, it offered me all the speed packages up to 50.

john1290

Reynoldsburg, OH

said by OSUGoose:

Nope, it offered me all the speed packages up to 50.

Well that sucks......wonder why it's limited to geographic areas then!? Hopefully, it's just part of the transition phase and only a bug. Guess I'll give them a call when I get some time and ask if I can get the higher speed packages.

Thanks for the heads up on this!

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH

We cant yet. They still haven't figured out that part, but the phone system is now tied into TWC's and the backend systems are. Said it will be a few months but we will be getting a lot of the great features TWC has, just don't know when.

Allfirdup

join:2007-01-10
Reynoldsburg, OH
reply to OSUGoose

Im in Reynoldsburg oh as well, and it let me price outa plan as well, it also included pricing for all Internet speeds up to 50, they even have all the channel lineups set as well.

john1290

Reynoldsburg, OH
reply to OSUGoose

Just checked again and sure enough, 50 meg service is showing up now! Quick question; on their ordering page, they keep mentioning that you can record up to 'two shows at once', even when picking their 'Whole House DVR' feature. Could have sworn a friend that has TWC told me he can record I think 5 shows at once. With WOW, I think you can record 6 shows at once, all from one satellite box.

Anyone know the facts? I checked TWC's page and it seems like you can record 2 shows per DVR and from reading the TWC's forums, seems their WHDVRs are junk.

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH

It seems like there WHDVR is not the same, they are using a normal HD-DVR to record on. So each HD-DVR can record 2 channels, as any HD-DVR can do. So it looks like in theory you could have unlimited recording, your only restricted to the number of HD-DVRs, so if you have 3 HD-DVR's you'll have 6 tuners to record with, but it looks like you have to set it up on that HD-DVR (sort of how the current MRDVR with Insight is), but at least we have the option to have a HD Box to just view the recorded content, so if say you wanted to view the content in a home office and not record there (recording in the bedroom and/or living room DVRs) there system will enable this. At least we'll finally have the option for a HD Box, and not be forced to have a HD-DVR.

Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Insight Communic..
reply to OSUGoose

said by OSUGoose:

So try it out and you may be surprised, it will even let you get as far as ordering (I didn't place a order as they want first month service charged up front).

Interesting.. I ran my address and got "You have entered a business location — not a residence.

Please visit our business services site at twcbc.com. "

jpatton1979

join:2011-08-10
Lexington, KY
reply to rjbasye

Richmond used to be Adelphia, so they've been TWC for quit some time now. I used to live in Richmond and had TWC service. My experience was pretty dismal and we were paying way too much for what we were getting.

We live in Lexington now (40511) and I get the same page El_Borracho gets.

ARGONAUT
Have a nice day.
Premium
join:2006-01-24
New Albany, IN
kudos:1
reply to OSUGoose

"We Are TWC. You Will Be Assimilated."

So far, all clear in New Albany.

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH

Resistance truly is futile as they will probably buy WOW next, lol

john1290

Reynoldsburg, OH
reply to OSUGoose

I checked with some friends at work that have TWC and I guess TWC's whole house DVR absolutely blows chunks. Each "satellite" DVR in your house is capable of recording 2 shows at once. Looks like WOW's WHDVR setup has nothing to fear from TWC's WHDVR. Two of the guys I spoke to switched to satellite a while back because of TWC's DVR limitation (can only record 2 shows at once) and their crappy DVR software. (Constant lockups mainly.) In my eyes, the only thing TWC has going for it then is the app that lets you watch the live TV package your subscribed to on your iPad/Android device. A 3rd person I asked, dumped all TWC video services and only has them for internet because their prices were skyrocketing.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of just using my ISP for internet. The only thing on TV is crappy, "reality" shows..........on EVERY. SINGLE. CHANNEL. God, this scourge of "reality" TV can't end soon enough. I'm working on breaking my wife of her "reality" TV addiction and once that's done.......... internet only package please!

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH

They will probably throw basic cable at you for uber cheep to keep that part of the biz.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3
reply to john1290

said by john1290:

I checked with some friends at work that have TWC and I guess TWC's whole house DVR absolutely blows chunks. Each "satellite" DVR in your house is capable of recording 2 shows at once. Looks like WOW's WHDVR setup has nothing to fear from TWC's WHDVR. Two of the guys I spoke to switched to satellite a while back because of TWC's DVR limitation (can only record 2 shows at once) and their crappy DVR software. (Constant lockups mainly.) In my eyes, the only thing TWC has going for it then is the app that lets you watch the live TV package your subscribed to on your iPad/Android device. A 3rd person I asked, dumped all TWC video services and only has them for internet because their prices were skyrocketing.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of just using my ISP for internet. The only thing on TV is crappy, "reality" shows..........on EVERY. SINGLE. CHANNEL. God, this scourge of "reality" TV can't end soon enough. I'm working on breaking my wife of her "reality" TV addiction and once that's done.......... internet only package please!

TWC can already do 1TB worth of storage and 4 tuners on their signature home service in which they tie two multiroom DVRs together for a total of 4 tuners and 1TB worth of storage. I think they have an intro deal for Signature home for $199 that includes the multiroom setup, basic digital tier, 50Mbps internet (75Mbps in Dallas area)(100Mbps in Kansas City area),and digital phone)

john1290

Reynoldsburg, OH

said by motorola870:

"TWC can already do 1TB worth of storage and 4 tuners on their signature home service in which they tie two multiroom DVRs together for a total of 4 tuners and 1TB worth of storage. I think they have an intro deal for Signature home for $199 that includes the multiroom setup, basic digital tier, 50Mbps internet (75Mbps in Dallas area)(100Mbps in Kansas City area),and digital phone)"

Wow, $199? No freaking way I would ever have a $200 cable bill.

jpatton1979

join:2011-08-10
Lexington, KY

+1

Mystic95Z

join:2005-05-10
Sellersburg, IN
reply to OSUGoose

Called the Lou office today to make a payment by phone and they are now on a TW phone system. Much better than the old insight one, was able to make a payment in a fraction of the time it used to take...

superakcraig

join:2005-03-15
Louisville, KY
reply to OSUGoose

Its starting to make a little more sense now. I noticed when I check my speeds from here »www.insightbb.com/speedtest/default.aspx that I have been seeing speeds closer to 15 Mbps down (I have the 10 Mbps package) and I thought that was kindof strange. When you look at the TWC site, their standard internet service is 15 Mbps down (of course its still the CRAPPY 1mbps up).
--
Here I Come to Save the Day!!

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH
reply to Mystic95Z

Yea I was just about to post that, it actually is a useable system now.

Mystic95Z

join:2005-05-10
Sellersburg, IN

said by OSUGoose:

Yea I was just about to post that, it actually is a useable system now.

Yeah it was nice to not have to wait thru the yo habla crap nor any wanna order UFC or WWE BS.

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH

But you know deep down you wanted to order it

ARGONAUT
Have a nice day.
Premium
join:2006-01-24
New Albany, IN
reply to superakcraig

I have the Insight 30/3 plan. So far my upload speed is still 3Mbps.
»www.timewarnercable.com/en/resid···ans.html
--

Hey you, out there in the cold. Getting lonely, getting old. Can you feel me?

AMDUSER
Premium
join:2003-05-28
Earth,
reply to Matt7

It does that for mine as well.. except that I have TWC service at my house. [I am also not part of the Insight integration as well.]

chachster
Premium
join:2002-08-07
Westerville, OH
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·AT&T U-Verse
·WOW Internet and..
reply to OSUGoose

I was able to put in my address and finally see that my address is serviceable. I doubt that I should even attempt an order. I did go through and now have more questions that I would have before. I think I just need to wait until someone from TWC comes to my door or I get something in the mail.

I currently have WOW and didn't want to switch to Insight until TWC fully converts it to TWC as there are channels I really miss and TWC offers those channels and good internet speeds. Eyeing the

So the rumors are June? I can wait.. As one of the channels I really miss is the NFL network and I don't need that until Fall.

I'd love to order and go with TWC, but I think I would be in the middle of the transition nightmare

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH

I tried to order despite already having Insight services. It processed the order but no one showed up, when I called they (TWC) stated the address wasn't serviceable.

whurlston
Premium
join:2006-05-06
USA
reply to superakcraig

said by superakcraig:

I have been seeing speeds closer to 15 Mbps down (I have the 10 Mbps package)

When I had Insight Business, they had upped my provisioning to 13/1 but since I went back to the home service, I never get over 10 down and it's usually more like 6-8.

Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Insight Communic..
reply to OSUGoose

TWTruck
OSUGoose:

Saw this near my place today in NE Columbus.. Time Warner branded truck installing cable services for someone in an Insight area.