how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gazelder

join:2013-02-08
Richmond, VA

[HD] Audio Compression issues with HD

I am beginning to suspect that there is an issue with Audio compression that leads to LOUDcommercial problems on FIOS.

With a DVR set top box I understand you can adjust the audio compression. Lucky you! Can someone confirm?

With a cablecard I have yet to find ANY way to change what the card does. Anyone?

But FIOS is changing the audio compression and then the STB unchanges it....

If you have a cablecard you are CURSED with LOUD commercials being inserted by your clueless VHO that cannot be changed because there seems to be NO ONE at FIOS that has a clue!

Can anyone confirm or show that my suspicions are based on incomplete facts.

Who can really give support for the Cablecard???? I've found no one! Some start with the question, "what is a cablecard?"

Even Comcast is beginning to look (sound) good....

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
I don't think your situation has anything to do with using a cable card. There are other current threads on the loud commercials issue for users who do not use cable cards.

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:31
reply to gazelder
said by gazelder:

With a cablecard I have yet to find ANY way to change what the card does.

A cable card is a decryption device. It has nothing to do with audio compression/decompression. That is a function of whatever device you have the cablecard plugged into.
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

1 edit
reply to gazelder
You posted this the other day. I told you your TV has settings for that, mine does anyway.

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to gazelder
Let's keep all your questions about the commercials volumes in one thread. It makes it easier for members to help you:

»[HD] Loud commercials on HD channels- INSERTION
--
TH ~ NE ~ EPN ~ NC ~ TD