share rss forum feed

jbob
Reach Out and Touch Someone
Premium
join:2004-04-26
Little Rock, AR
reply to jbob

Re: NID wiring question

You know in studying the pics I posted I think I might know how this one works. If you notice the part of the module that swings open has two tabs that look like they have conductor material. You cannot fully close this part with a plug in the Test Jack port. I'll bet if I remove the plug from the Test Jack and close the hinge that will allow signals to flow to the T and R connectors at the orange jacks.

DUH! So simple a caveman can do it! lol

Tech007
Premium
join:2013-01-25
Belleville, IL
yes, the wires have to make connection and the door has to be closed in order for that connection to flow, the test jack is working because it is only a test jack so based on when you posted this I'm guessing it is working

jbob
Reach Out and Touch Someone
Premium
join:2004-04-26
Little Rock, AR
Finally found a little info once I knew what it was called. A Corning Cable Systems Universal Line Module (ULM). I found some info on this site...»www.hometech.com/hts/products/wi···kit.html

I'm sure there is other info out there now that I know what to look for.

The USP(Universal Station Protector) is on the side of the NID that the customer does not have access to although you can see it. The wires run underneath the module(s) and not visible unless one is pulled. Looks like the customer can replace/pull the Universal Line Module but not the Universal Station Protector.

And according the the link above they also market/make a DSL/POTS splitter in the same module type. »www.hometech.com/hts/products/wi···dsl.html

If you're gonna use DSL/U-verse it pays to do it right! That is if you still got POTS service.