Premium
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to KoRnGtL15

Re: 37% Ultra 100 Price increase??

said by KoRnGtL15:

I want to do the same. But, as I said before. If I ever want to get the service again in the future. I am not willing to pay the $200 activation fee for them just to hit the switch. The new speed increases have to be coming soon. It usually a annual thing. I cant see them raising the rates just because and not give a upgrade.

Make the change at your local office. They can put a note on your account that you have (had) the 100M package before the policy change. Thus if you want to switch back, you will not be charged the activation fee.
--
Google is your Friend

KoRnGtL15
Premium
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR

How do you know this? This is Charter we are talking about and I kinda find it hard to believe. My local office is horrible.

said by Dogg:

said by KoRnGtL15:

I want to do the same. But, as I said before. If I ever want to get the service again in the future. I am not willing to pay the $200 activation fee for them just to hit the switch. The new speed increases have to be coming soon. It usually a annual thing. I cant see them raising the rates just because and not give a upgrade.

Make the change at your local office. They can put a note on your account that you have (had) the 100M package before the policy change. Thus if you want to switch back, you will not be charged the activation fee.

Dogg
Premium
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to Dogg

said by Dogg:

said by KoRnGtL15:

I asked that specific question when I downgraded to the 30M package. That is what I was told, and those comments were added to my account.

Unlike apparently 90% of the people that post here concerning Charter, I have never been lied to or run around in circles trying to get service. And the local office, at least for me, has always been far more reliable than calling the 800 number or the online chat. The only time I've gotten bogus information was from the online chat.
--
Google is your Friend