spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tGelinas

@wind.ca

[Cable] TEKSAVVY, KICK YOUR LAWYERS IN THE ASS

I went with Teksavvy because they had superior routing versus Acanac/Distrubutel.

Teksavvy, please gear up your legal department and get your service level agreements adjusted, you're irritating a lot of people who bring new customers to your service. This is embarrassing, it's not safe to depend on third party ISPs. You have an image problem, please solve it.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Your post is a bit vague, what exactly is irritating "a lot of people"?

BenVanDorp

join:2012-08-10
London, ON
As i said feathers are ruffled

randomzero

join:2010-03-25
reply to TypeS
said by TypeS:

the whole outage thing with the fact that Rogers takes forever to get off their ass and fix it is slightly annoying when it happens twice in a single month..

TypeS

London, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
said by randomzero:

said by TypeS:

the whole outage thing with the fact that Rogers takes forever to get off their ass and fix it is slightly annoying when it happens twice in a single month..

So blame TekSavvy only for the incompetencies of another company?

tGelinas

@wind.ca
reply to tGelinas
Hahaha, I see that I can't edit my spelling error. Oops.

As you can see, I posted this from my mobile provider, WIND.CA, not TekSavvy.

My internet connection, from my modem, to Rogers' Rectory St. Facility in London, to Teksavvy, to the Internet, is down. This happened twice in the past 30 days. The previous service failure was due to a broken router, and waiting for Rogers to fix some static(?) routes. I understand how this happens. However, there are many angry customers who want you to get your stuff together and be ready to fight Rogers when you have to. Don't apologize for them, don't say that you're sorry for inconvenience. All third-party ISPs should work together, to make it so that nobody has to apologize for a useless internet connection with broken routing, or some TPIA issues. No end-user should ever have to explain to their family members, friends, or business associates, that their TekSavvy internet connection is down again, and the fault is with Rogers. We pay you, Teksavvy.

Don't make us explain your problems to people who don't care, and simply wish that they could use the Internet connection that they pay for. Please, make your lawyers think about these service interruptions and solve the fundamental problems behind them. Rogers techs are taking too long, static routes take too long to propagate? Solve your problem. Don't make people log onto dslreports and check in with your progress. Third party cable-based Rogers network ISPs are being embarrassed, you're accepting shame that belongs to Rogers. If Rogers does not provide the services that you require, you should put your lawyers to work.

Teksavvy, don't accept blame that should be aimed at Rogers.

Fight!

tGelinas

@wind.ca
reply to TypeS
Reply is not Post, I made a mistake and made a new thread. Instead, I wanted to complain about the cable internet outage in London Ontario in the thread that was meant for that.

There are many of these threads on this forum.

At least TekSavvy is open with their communication. It's an uphill battle. But with such frequent outages of Internet connectivity, for an entire city, it's becoming more difficult to defend TekSavvy. They should defend themselves, and make it so that people like me don't have to say "The internet connection is down. The company we pay for connectivity is being jerked around by Rogers, and I don't know when you can use the Internet again".

TypeS

London, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

1 edit
reply to tGelinas
Except that their lawyers can't do anything. The entire third party ISP structure is governed by the CRTC who is appointed by the Federal government.

It Federal government the one you want to have a tussle with over why they've let the telecommunications industry become an oligopoly in Canada.

A judge would throw a case brought against Rogers out since it doesn't belong in the courts when there's a regulatory body already. And saying "we pay you TekSavvy" is just feigning ignorance.

All these people who are allegedly frustrated should be making this an election issue in two years time, or should have in the past. Not just sitting around trying to lay blame.

EDIT: I am current posting from a tethering to my Xperia's LTE connection on Rogers here in London while my cable internet is out. So I too am frustrated by being victim to another outage.

walile

join:2013-02-10
reply to tGelinas
The fact that customers are not getting refunded for the downtime makes me feel that TekSavvy can be just as bad and evil as Bell/Rogers.

This is not the first time that I have experienced service interruption for a lengthy period of time with TekSavvy. I understand that smaller ISP get screwed sometimes, but at least don't make me pay for services not rendered.

If I asked someone to prepaid for 50L of gas at the pump, but could only deliver 40L of gas. Shouldn't I refund the customer for the 10L difference? If I refuse to refund my customer, wouldn't that make me a criminal?

Sorry OP if I got off topic
Expand your moderator at work

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
reply to tGelinas

Re: [Cable] TEKSAVVY, KICK YOUR LAWYERS IN THE ASS

Wow... yell much? You need to post lower case especially since you do not understand how telecom works in Canada.
--
BHell... A Public Futility.

MrMazda86

join:2013-01-29
Kitchener, ON
And you would be referring to...?

(EDIT: Nevermind... I was just having a bit of a n00b moment... It's all good though... I'll just drink more coffee! lol)

voxframe

join:2010-08-02
reply to tGelinas
Honestly, the guy's got a bit of a point.

Clients don't give two flying fucks that the problem lies with Rogers or Bell etc. The problem is YOURS, like it or not. Fire up the lawyers or the pitchforks, and get the job done.

I don't recommend TSI to anyone any more because of all the associated bullshit with Bell fucking around pulling sync, worse phone service, or Rogers who just can't seem to get their shit together etc. It's impossible for me to explain to Joe Blow Client what TPIA is or DSL Sync is, enough for them to accept the excuse, especially when "Well I thought I wasn't with Bell any more" is the comeback.

As an additional screw-you, EVERY single client I've brought over has gone through this gauntlet. Not a single one of them in dozens had a smooth transition.

This is just getting to the point of utter stupidity now. Yes Bell and Rogers have you by the balls, and yes they're squeezing them, now it's time to punch them in the face for it.

MrMazda86

Kitchener, ON
I know there's been a few issues with cable in London, as well as some in the GTA, but as far as my connections go, I have yet to have a signal or service issue with my cable service in Guelph, and as for DSL, I have connections in Kitchener and St. George, both of which seem to work just fine. While there may be some issue in the GTA with DSL (I don't know if that's been resolved yet or not), I personally have not experienced these kinds of issues, so I really don't know what to say on that topic. I still recommend them because they're actually the lesser of the evils.
Expand your moderator at work

TypeS

London, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

1 edit
reply to voxframe

Re: [Cable] TEKSAVVY, KICK YOUR LAWYERS IN THE ASS

said by voxframe:

Honestly, the guy's got a bit of a point.

Clients don't give two flying fucks that the problem lies with Rogers or Bell etc. The problem is YOURS, like it or not. Fire up the lawyers or the pitchforks, and get the job done.

I don't recommend TSI to anyone any more because of all the associated bullshit with Bell fucking around pulling sync, worse phone service, or Rogers who just can't seem to get their shit together etc. It's impossible for me to explain to Joe Blow Client what TPIA is or DSL Sync is, enough for them to accept the excuse, especially when "Well I thought I wasn't with Bell any more" is the comeback.

As an additional screw-you, EVERY single client I've brought over has gone through this gauntlet. Not a single one of them in dozens had a smooth transition.

This is just getting to the point of utter stupidity now. Yes Bell and Rogers have you by the balls, and yes they're squeezing them, now it's time to punch them in the face for it.

How about we make something clear, cable internet for anyone connected via Rogers is out right now in London. It does not matter at all what ISP your with unless you're on DSL.

Again, using the excuse that you're paying TekSavvy so it's their problem to fix (when you full well know they can't since its not their equipment) is just feigning ignorance.

Do you think you will escape these problems by going with Start or Distributel?

Stop laying the blame on the independents trying to make a difference and do something yourself to change the horrid way the telecommunications industry is run.

walile

join:2013-02-10

1 edit
said by TypeS:

Again, using the excuse that you're paying TekSavvy so it's their problem to fix (when you full well know they can't since its not their equipment) is just feigning ignorance.

Do you think you will escape these problems by going with Start or Distributel?

Stop laying the blame on the independents trying to make a difference and do something yourself to change the horrid way the telecommunications industry is run.

Say you buy an iPad from Apple, and due to a manufacturing flaw your logic board fried under normal usage. Are you gonna call Apple for the warranty or do you expect people to tell you that the problem does not lie with Apple but rather their supplier Foxconn?

MrMazda86

Kitchener, ON

1 edit
reply to TypeS
+1

To add to that, you also have to consider the reason for the outage. In this case, the "problem" was the result of a serious snow storm that passed through the area, combined with driver stupidity, which resulted in an unforeseen motor vehicle collision that damaged equipment that effectively took out Rogers, TekSavvy, and AllStream. TekSavvy and AllStream have been confirmed by official TSI Staff in the forum, and I personally have phoned a few Rogers customers that I know in London, who have all confirmed their internet is experiencing the exact same issue.

Given the nature of the cause of the issue, how exactly can you fault TekSavvy in any way for this? If you have anyone to blame, it would be the driver found to be at fault for the transport truck that damaged this equipment, and they (in theory) have insurance. As sad as it is to say, the only thing that can be expected of TekSavvy is to make every reasonable effort possible to restore service. What you need to understand though is that depending on the severity of the crash and the weather conditions as they continue (such as the freezing rain in that area), it may take some time to be able to clear the crash site before being able to begin the repairs necessary to restore service.

As far as TekSavvy or Rogers are concerned (as much as I *HATE* standing up for Rogers), there was absolutely nothing they could possibly have done that would have prevented this outage. Especially on Rogers' part, this is not always the case, so take a chill pill, or go smoke a big fat dubie or something because you need to relax.

(EDIT: I forgot to mention... At TekSavvy, if you post your account details in the TekSavvy Direct forum, or call them (1-877-779-1575) and politely request a credit for the service outage that you've experienced, you may be surprised at how willing they will be to comply. This is another area where TekSavvy beats Bell and Rogers any day of the week. From my experience, whenever I've had a problem with a service not working, they have *NEVER* thought it unreasonable to not want to pay for service that I couldn't receive.)

TypeS

London, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

1 edit
reply to walile
said by walile:

Say you buy an iPad from Apple, and due to a manufacturing flaw your logic board fried under normal usage. Are you gonna call Apple for the warranty or do you expect people to tell you that the problem does not lie with Apple but rather their supplier Foxconn?

A better one would be, you order an iPod from Apple, they ship with via UPS/FedEx (or whomever else) and the courier the proceeds to deliver to an address in the wrong city, they lose it, it gets damaged en route, etc.

Your issue (and Apples now if they care to get involved) is now with the courier.

Perma

join:2011-12-20
reply to tGelinas
I absolutely understand that TSI's hands are pretty much tied in situations like this and I'm not blaming them, but they should be issuing credits for the time the service was down. They are the provider, and we as the customers are not being provided with the service currently.

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
said by Perma:

I absolutely understand that TSI's hands are pretty much tied in situations like this and I'm not blaming them, but they should be issuing credits for the time the service was down. They are the provider, and we as the customers are not being provided with the service currently.

Indie ISPs like TSI cannot offer credits like BHell or Robbers because of very thin margins. The majority of what a customer pays goes back to BHell or Robbers in the form of fees. The indies have to pay BHell or Robbers whether a customer is happy or not so it's a matter of finances for the indies who must also have have enough left over to cover their own operating expenses. The CRTC sets most of the fees through industry regulation so it's a lot more complex than just offering a credit.
--
BHell... A Public Futility.

Perma

That's not the customers problem. Would Teksavvy provide me with internet if I wasn't paying them? I shouldn't pay Teksavvy for internet I'm not receiving, Margins or not.

TypeS

London, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
While I won't debate whether you should or shouldn't receive a credit back, by all means go make a post in direct forums and ask (I doubt they will deny).

Can you at least see it from TekSavvy's point of view? They offer plans that are heavily discounted from the incumbents advertised rates. Then they offerr large or unlimited data that further erodes profits due to capacity costs. And the outage occurs that they literally had no control over at all. There was no amount of planning that could have prevented a truck damaging network equipment. They've done nothing wrong and did not willfully cut your service.

What I've gathered from these forums since reading them the past 6 months is people are pretty ungrateful for the service TekSavvy, Start and all the other TPIAs have offered at great cost to their own companies in razor thin profit margins. People came to them looking to save money on their monthly bill, they got that. The slightest hiccup, and its pitchforks and lit torches.

mattb3

join:2013-02-09
London, ON
reply to Perma
I can deal with an outage once in a while without really thinking a credit is necessary, and I know it's not teksavvy's fault, nor could it have been avoided, but there has been 2 extended outages within a week of each other... I need internet access for most of what I do for work/school, and after the last 2 weekends I'm almost out of data on my cell plan. I have enough data for probably another couple hours worth of internet use, but after that I'll have to shut off my cell data, leaving me without wireless data for a week until my next billing cycle.

I understand that these things happen, and that there are a lot of people getting too worked up over it, but if Rogers is indeed delaying the repair to spite third party providers, I think some action needs to be taken.

Perma

reply to TypeS
Why don't you read what I wrote? I said I know TSI's hands are tied and I don't blame them. Their business model is low priced, unlimited internet, so due to that we shouldn't expect a break in our payments due to not having service?

If you went to McDonald's and they left out a part of your meal, say the fries or the pop, would you not expect a credit for it?

TypeS

London, ON
If the server at McDonald's forgot to give you your fries or drink, they made a preventable mistake.

Where did TekSavvy drop the ball with a downed fibre trunk? Or when Rogers tinkers with their CMTS equipment?