Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Robert
Premium
join:2002-03-11
St John'S, NL

sears washer parts

I know they sell snowblower parts, but has anyone seen washer parts in their stores? The parts stores re closed on weekends, Sears opens in 3 hours. Pump went in my washer last night. Any big box stores carry parts?
--
It's one thing to listen to an idiot talk. As soon as you respond, there are now 2 idiots having a conversation.

lugnut

@communications.com
These guys carry parts for just about every conceivable appliance in Canada.

The only thing is that they keep bankers' hours and the closest location to you is Dartmouth NS.

»www.reliableparts.ca/locations

I've dealt with them quite a few times. They always have the part, but be prepared to pay thru the nose for it.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to Robert
Robert, I can't speak for Sears out where you are but the stores here don't carry any parts, you have to order them by phone and pick them up from a parts depot. If the depot doesn't have one at hand they will get it from their suppliers and call when its in.

Sears just rebrands products so if you can sort out who built it and for which manufacturer (ie Kenmore branded washer, GE design, made by Camco) you should be able to get the part number and try an appliance part store.

Lugnut's site is very useful, I have looked up parts for information though never ordered from them though they do seem to have better prices than the local store (I should, its just when something is broken I don't want to wait for a part - I just want whatever is broken fixed)

Robert
Premium
St John'S, NL
reply to Robert
Thanks folks. I thought they didn't; as was mentioned parts stores work bankers hours. I wanted to fix it today but I will have to wait until tomorrow.

Cheers
--
It's one thing to listen to an idiot talk. As soon as you respond, there are now 2 idiots having a conversation.

Last Parade

join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON
reply to Thane_Bitter
I thought Kenmore still rebadged Whirlpool.

koira
Keep Fighting Michael
Premium
join:2004-02-16
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to Robert
I ordered some belts for our maytag off ebay. They were a third of the price compared with other places. Their store is called pandoras oem appliance parts. But they took over a week arrive by US mail . Unfortunately when you want them to quick locally you pay more.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5
reply to Robert
Sears part ordering works they seem to have access to most items. YOur right though its not super fast or convenient.
Since your avatar is sporting a maple leaf (but not overtly a Toronto Maple leaf - I would prefer a red background) I can certainly pick up a part and ship it to you if that is what it comes down too.

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
kudos:1
Sears carry parts. I know my Mom several years ago had to order parts for her washer....

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
reply to Robert
I remember Sears used to have a parts depot on Farewell St. in Oshawa. I went there a few times with my dad to get parts.

Robert
Premium
St John'S, NL
reply to Robert
I found out they have a repair parts centre here in St. John's area.

I will stop by tomorrow and pick a pump up. Otherwise I may take Anav's offer.

Cheers,
--

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5
Not that im shirking but if they dont have it they probably ship it to st johns depot.

corster
Premium
join:2002-02-23
Gatineau, QC

4 edits
reply to Last Parade
said by Last Parade:

I thought Kenmore still rebadged Whirlpool.

I think most are. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean they build them like they used to.

I have a Kenmore washer and dryer built in 1990 in my apartment - bought the pair used on Kijiji for $75 about 6 months ago and they work just fine. Would have spent more than that at the laundromat

Robert
Premium
St John'S, NL
reply to Anav
said by Anav:

Not that im shirking but if they dont have it they probably ship it to st johns depot.

I am thinking that too. However, annoying the maritime llama is worth the extra effort sometimes
--

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
kudos:1

Robert
Premium
St John'S, NL
reply to Robert
As an update, got my part and it is installed. Everything looks dry until I realized that a little tube detached itself. This caused an overflow

Anyways, all cleaned up. When my boy wakes up (he is sick, hence why I needed it fixed ASAP), I will make test attempt #2.

Thanks folks!
--

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to corster
said by corster:

Unfortunately, that doesn't mean they build them like they used to.

Ain't that the truth!

Robert
Premium
St John'S, NL
reply to Robert
Okay, still had overflow issues. Undid the tube, blew out all the water and reattached. 2 tests and 2 loads and everything seems to be back to normal.
--