uniqs

Robert4
Premium Member
join:2002-03-11
St John'S, NL

Robert4

Premium Member

sears washer parts

I know they sell snowblower parts, but has anyone seen washer parts in their stores? The parts stores re closed on weekends, Sears opens in 3 hours. Pump went in my washer last night. Any big box stores carry parts?

lugnut
@communications.com

lugnut

Anon

These guys carry parts for just about every conceivable appliance in Canada.

The only thing is that they keep bankers' hours and the closest location to you is Dartmouth NS.

»www.reliableparts.ca/locations

I've dealt with them quite a few times. They always have the part, but be prepared to pay thru the nose for it.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to Robert4

Premium Member

to Robert4
Robert, I can't speak for Sears out where you are but the stores here don't carry any parts, you have to order them by phone and pick them up from a parts depot. If the depot doesn't have one at hand they will get it from their suppliers and call when its in.

Sears just rebrands products so if you can sort out who built it and for which manufacturer (ie Kenmore branded washer, GE design, made by Camco) you should be able to get the part number and try an appliance part store.

Lugnut's site is very useful, I have looked up parts for information though never ordered from them though they do seem to have better prices than the local store (I should, its just when something is broken I don't want to wait for a part - I just want whatever is broken fixed)

Robert4
Premium Member
St John'S, NL

Robert4

Premium Member

Thanks folks. I thought they didn't; as was mentioned parts stores work bankers hours. I wanted to fix it today but I will have to wait until tomorrow.

Cheers

Last Parade
join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade to Thane_Bitter

to Thane_Bitter
I thought Kenmore still rebadged Whirlpool.

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

koira to Robert4

Premium Member

to Robert4
I ordered some belts for our maytag off ebay. They were a third of the price compared with other places. Their store is called pandoras oem appliance parts. But they took over a week arrive by US mail . Unfortunately when you want them to quick locally you pay more.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to Robert4

Premium Member

to Robert4
Sears part ordering works they seem to have access to most items. YOur right though its not super fast or convenient.
Since your avatar is sporting a maple leaf (but not overtly a Toronto Maple leaf - I would prefer a red background) I can certainly pick up a part and ship it to you if that is what it comes down too.
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned)

Sears carry parts. I know my Mom several years ago had to order parts for her washer....

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo to Robert4

Premium Member

to Robert4
I remember Sears used to have a parts depot on Farewell St. in Oshawa. I went there a few times with my dad to get parts.

Robert4
Premium Member
St John'S, NL

Robert4

Premium Member

I found out they have a repair parts centre here in St. John's area.

I will stop by tomorrow and pick a pump up. Otherwise I may take Anav's offer.

Cheers,

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

Not that im shirking but if they dont have it they probably ship it to st johns depot.

corster
Premium Member
join:2002-02-23
Oshawa, ON

4 edits

corster to Last Parade

Premium Member

to Last Parade
said by Last Parade:

I thought Kenmore still rebadged Whirlpool.

I think most are. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean they build them like they used to.

I have a Kenmore washer and dryer built in 1990 in my apartment - bought the pair used on Kijiji for $75 about 6 months ago and they work just fine. Would have spent more than that at the laundromat

Robert4
Premium Member
St John'S, NL

Robert4 to Anav

Premium Member

to Anav
said by Anav:

Not that im shirking but if they dont have it they probably ship it to st johns depot.

I am thinking that too. However, annoying the maritime llama is worth the extra effort sometimes
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned)

Did you check here?

»www.partselect.ca/Entry. ··· odFVAAVA

Robert4
Premium Member
St John'S, NL

Robert4

Premium Member

As an update, got my part and it is installed. Everything looks dry until I realized that a little tube detached itself. This caused an overflow

Anyways, all cleaned up. When my boy wakes up (he is sick, hence why I needed it fixed ASAP), I will make test attempt #2.

Thanks folks!

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to corster

Premium Member

to corster
said by corster:

Unfortunately, that doesn't mean they build them like they used to.

Ain't that the truth!

Robert4
Premium Member
St John'S, NL

Robert4

Premium Member

Okay, still had overflow issues. Undid the tube, blew out all the water and reattached. 2 tests and 2 loads and everything seems to be back to normal.