Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY
kudos:1
reply to J E F F

Re: [JB] What reason do we have to now?

said by J E F F:

said by kitsune:

you will need to demonstrate the issue to them without anything extra installed.

Well, since the phone app is spotty, sometimes it goes several calls between crashes.

Though kinda silly if I can't install any apps on the device to show them that it crashes.

Are you dealing with a carrier or directly with Apple??

I would be very surprised if Apple didnt give you a new phone especially after explaining the steps you have taken - I am sure they dont like carriers makeing them look bad.....
--
Nothin' left to do but smile smile smile

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
I'm dealing with the carrier...more accurately, one of their authorized dealers. My mistake was believing them when they said that their warranty would be better than AppleCare. IIRC, AppleCare does charge for some warranty stuff ($49 service fee)...which was their selling point. As I said before, live and learn.

This reminds me of the time when I had a car problem, front end noise, and the dealer kept lubing it. After warranty was up, I took it elsewhere, and the control arm bushings were complete toast, and had been for some time. $300 to repair, not much, but you think the dealership could have got it right the first time, rather than a band-aid solution.

At any rate, I'll likely call their corporate office to see if I can get any action..or just head to the Apple Store and see if they pity me a little bit.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
It might be different in Canada but there isn't any such service fee with Apple while the product is under warranty.
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
said by darcilicious:

It might be different in Canada but there isn't any such service fee with Apple while the product is under warranty.

From this site:
»store.apple.com/us/browse/home/applecare

Maybe it refers to accidental damage only...
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
That's if they "repair" it. Usually, they just give you a new one or a refurb. That's how it was for me at any rate when my iPhone 3G's wifi went kaput about 4 days before the 1-year warranty was up.
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬