Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

3 recommendations

antdude

Premium Member

More Java Patches Due Soon

»blogs.oracle.com/securit ··· critical from »www.pcworld.com/article/ ··· oon.html from »www.hardocp.com/news/201 ··· ue_soon/ ...

"Oracle isn't done releasing patches for Java SE this month, as another batch will arrive February 19, according to a company blog post..."

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN

Blackbird

Premium Member

quote:
...As a result of the accelerated release of the Critical Patch Update, Oracle did not include a small number of fixes initially intended for inclusion in the February 2013 Critical Patch Update for Java SE. Oracle is therefore planning to release an updated version of the February 2013 Critical Patch Update on the initially scheduled date. ...
Considering that the earlier accelerated round of Java patches covered 50 security holes, it appears that this round will cover a number of holes under 50 that Java considers "small". One can but wonder whether this entire collection of patches will cover all or nearly all of the holes mentioned/implied in all those Java-critical security reports in recent months; in any case, it will probably take a fair length of time for security analysts to digest where things stand with Java after the 19 Feb update.

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium Member
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC

siljaline to antdude

Premium Member

to antdude
Per you Oracle Blog entry:
»www.oracle.com/technetwo ··· 861.html

joako
Premium Member
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null

joako to antdude

Premium Member

to antdude
With just so many updates, does anyone know if I need to generate a new transform (.mst) for each version of the .msi or can I re-use one from an old version?
Expand your moderator at work