All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
herestoya
join:2013-02-10
Huntersville, NC

herestoya to j1349705

to j1349705

Re: [TWC] Raleigh, NC TWC - which modem is best to purchase?

I have the Zoom 5350 and Zoom tells me the firmware TWC should be using is 5.5.3.6 whereas I have 5.5.3.2 showing up on my stats. Does anyone from around where I am have the updated software 5.5.3.6 or is TWC not using it yet? Any help would be great.

j1349705
Premium Member
join:2006-04-15
Holly Springs, NC

j1349705

Premium Member

said by herestoya:

I have the Zoom 5350 and Zoom tells me the firmware TWC should be using is 5.5.3.6 whereas I have 5.5.3.2 showing up on my stats. Does anyone from around where I am have the updated software 5.5.3.6 or is TWC not using it yet? Any help would be great.

That's the first I have heard of that.

TWC will not update firmware on customer owned modems at this point in time. Since you cannot update the firmware you have, you are stuck with what you have at the moment.

Are you having problems with the modem?

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to herestoya

Premium Member

to herestoya
said by herestoya:

Whatever Firmware needs to be used is the decision of the service provider not the modem manufacturer.

What issues do you have?

Hob
herestoya
join:2013-02-10
Huntersville, NC

herestoya to j1349705

to j1349705
Zoom told me that TWC should be using the .6 software and they(Zoom) had no control over that, they (TWC) told me the updates are automatic and they have no control over when they are done. My problem mostly is that the internet speeds are eratic, more so than they were with my old SB4100, which is a very old modem. I was hoping for a better bump in speed and consistency. Mostly, the reaction of the Zoom rep when I told her that the firmware was 5.5.3.2, was more like uh, oh...that's old software TWC is using! And a lot of what I read elsewhere, said the Zoom 5350 was having a lot of problems with this software and the .6 software addressed this, any thoughts? So far it seems like "upgrading" my equipment was a waste of time and money!