Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike

Re: Defiance beta weekend giveaway - 500 keys must go!

said by Mike:

It is truly one of the worst games I've ever played. It's a race to the bottom.

It's not great, but then again, it's not the worst, that I've played. I think the major mistake they are doing is one version of the game. They really need to do two versions. One for PC and one for console. About the only problem I have with it is my lack of understanding how to use the different abilities as well as how to determine weapon "levels".

As it's still in Beta, I'll cut it some slack, as things are always changing. Can't judge a beta game as harshly as a "finished" game.

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
·Verizon FiOS

Mike

Mod

Sure you can.

It's build to be the secret world but FPS.

Several classes (aka different weapons, ability names, same damage, and damage type).

The only different is you'll miss the hell out of your targets because it's a MMO. MMOs and precision does not work. It has not work. It will not work. TiDi won't help... but it will become hilarious though as everyone will die instantly.

It's the same cut and paste game from 2004. The same cut and paste marketing "ITS GOING TO CHANGE EVERYTHIGN121212344!!".

It won't.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I haven't heard them say this was a "game changer" unlike how they marketed Rift to be a WOW killer. The forums on Defiance have a whole lot of people requesting auto aim be removed from the game.

I've noticed that there is "leveling" of sorts. If you stick with one weapon you gain skill with it. Not sure if the "toon" has levels like WOW.

Currently I'm in the "It's ok" boat. I know I wont rush out and pre-order this game or rush out to buy it. Though I might at a later date.

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike

Mod

Auto-aim is there because it's the same code base for the console game.

Watch.

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium Member
join:2002-01-02
Gainesville, FL

VioletVenom to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
It does have some sort of character leveling, coupled with weapon proficiency. Leveling your character allows for passive skill unlocks. The tree is mediocre IMO, as you can unlock other active skills but can only use one at any given time. There are 4 active skills surrounded in the skill tree by passive support skills to each active skill.

The game seems similar to Firefall. I think it has potential but its development feels rushed. I believe they are going to try and tie in events In the game to a television show, or vice-versa. If that is the case they seem destined for failure. Would be hard to satisfy both tv and game producers without both products suffering.

Edit-
Here is the wiki article about the tv show.
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De ··· _series)

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

My understanding is that the show takes place in St Louis, the game in San Fransisco.

That there maybe a limited amount of interaction between the two.

I agree the game has a rushed feel to it. I hope the TV show does well, as some of the TV spots, it looks good.
Snakeoil

Snakeoil to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
I haven't noticed auto-aim. I guess it needs to be enabled.

I tend to fire 100 rounds, and only hit with 10. lol.
But then again, I use an assault rifle *gasp* [nm political content removed] and I try for mid to long range.

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium Member
join:2002-01-02
Gainesville, FL

VioletVenom

Premium Member

Ah, the good old spray and pray method.