Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to mlerner

Re: The New Wireless Code Hearings. Live Stream @ 9-am

said by mlerner:

The CCTS would not be the one administering the code and I saw a tweet recently that Federal policy in this case can override Provincial so Quebec can complain all they want but it will be applied to them regardless.

How anti-quebec of you. However, this *is not* only against Quebec. But rather Manitoba and PEI who put out tougher consumer laws than Quebec's.

In other words, they are fighting every province, in all of Canada, who want to protect their citizens from vultures and deceptive practices. This isn't about Quebec. Very myopic of you.

However, I can see a fight coming of this, depending on how it goes. And it would be justified.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
said by hm :

said by mlerner:

The CCTS would not be the one administering the code and I saw a tweet recently that Federal policy in this case can override Provincial so Quebec can complain all they want but it will be applied to them regardless.

How anti-quebec of you. However, this *is not* only against Quebec. But rather Manitoba and PEI who put out tougher consumer laws than Quebec's.

In other words, they are fighting every province, in all of Canada, who want to protect their citizens from vultures and deceptive practices. This isn't about Quebec. Very myopic of you.

However, I can see a fight coming of this, depending on how it goes. And it would be justified.

I am just stating the info as I've received it, I am not anti-Quebec and if I was, it would be unlikely I was living in Ottawa. Since consumers are having input on this as well as consumer groups in a public proceeding and consultation, I don't see why there would be a fight other than the provinces but if the consumers are happy with the code as the code is intended for us only, there is no justified reason.

How do provincial laws with no public feedback justify blanket rules?
Expand your moderator at work