plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3
said by ExoticFish:

I wondered that too. LoL

I also wonder that myself.

I know its a different ISP (Time Warner instead of Comcast) but my friend's kids have two Playstation 3's in the house, and they have both connected via a lan cable to her router/modem (its a combo unit), and they work just fine. They have two TV's and they all play the same game on both systems online without any problems.

So, not sure what the problem is, and why you have to have two different public IP's to be able to connect two xbox 360's in your own home.

Would it not function like having multiple desktops, laptops, or tablets connected to your internal network? Each one of them does not require their own public IP to function.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

1 recommendation

Well unlike desktops gaming systems tend to need some static or simi-static port forwarding.

And while at first thought you'd think oh so ports x, y, and z are needed to be forwarded to xbox1, then what about xbox2.

Well when the xbox is able to use UPNP to configure the router there are additional ports it can use instead of the widely know ports.

so the 2nd xbox is then able to use UPnP to config your UPnP enabled router to forward some ports to it. all dynamically.
--
»Death Star Petition

ExoticFish

join:2008-08-31
Stuarts Draft, VA
You can't tell me that's necessary. LAN parties ???? I've never heard of anyone having to do anything special for them.
--
»www.VAJeeps.com
»www.BronzedBod.com

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
said by ExoticFish:

You can't tell me that's necessary. LAN parties ???? I've never heard of anyone having to do anything special for them.

LAN parties the computer aren't talking across a NAT.
--
»Death Star Petition