share rss forum feed

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:12

2 edits

[Rant] Everything going to complete crap!

Ever since online radio stations have joined forces with IHEART RADIO,they have sounded like fucka crap online! (From LOW volume level to crappy sound,etc)

Take WPDH -- Complete crap.... LOW LEVEL AND TODAY IT STARTED CUTTING IN AND OUT EVERY 5 SECONDS! -- I have tried quite hard to get this fixed... THEY DONT SEEM TO CARE!!!!!!! -- IM SICK OF IT!!!!!!

WPDH: »provisioning.streamtheworld.com/···maac.pls

Notice the LOW VOLUME (When the music is on (That source is low as hell)) and the cutting in/out every 5 seconds or so..... (That just started THAT BAD today)

I think everyone should tell IHEART RADIO to shove it up thier ass.... Every station JUST ABOUT i have heard sounds like crap since agreeing to be streamed over IHEART RADIO but NO,CLEAR CHANNEL STATIONS SOUND FINE!!!

WZZO: »www.surfmusic.de/media/wzzo-fm.m3u

Notice how good the level is!!!!!

And stations that have NOTHING DO TO WITH IHEART ALSO SOUND FINE!

1.FM ROCK - »tai-03.egihosting.com/highvolt-128k-mp3

Notice the good level!!

IM SICK OF PEOPLE PUTTING CRAP OUT THERE AND NOT CARING TO FIX IT -- WHY BOTHER STREAMING AT ALL????????

Stuff keeps getting worse and worse and im sick of it!!!

IM SICK OF IT ALL

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA
kudos:8

Poor baby. I get one station--- KCBS. 400 miles away.

I lose it at 6 A.M.
--
Printed on 100% recycled bytes

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
USA

Im talking about STREAMING STATIONS and KCBS streams buddy

AM 740 - »provisioning.streamtheworld.com/···maac.pls

Thier level is good!!

Xioden
Premium
join:2008-06-10
Monticello, NY
kudos:1
reply to Dude111

Re: [Rant] Everything going to complete crap!

Your anger is misdirected.

It's Cumulus Media who is providing that low quality streams in the first place, and this is nothing new. They don't want you listening online since they make more money from local over-the-air ads.

Secondly, you're comparing 3 completely different quality streams. It shouldn't be surprising when a 128kbps stream is better than a 62kbps stream, and that the 62kbps stream is better than a 47kbps stream.

I'm also not experiencing any pauses on the WPDH stream.

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:15

1 recommendation

reply to Dude111

Why are you using streaming radio? It wasn't around in the 80s, it's not analog, and it's supported by the popular media....

Just put up a big antenna and use an old tube radio.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
USA

4 edits
reply to Dude111

Yes its also the different type remember bud!

64K WMA sounds better than 64k MP3

But yes 1.FMs 128k MP3 stream sounds excellent!!

EDIT:

It seems to have stopped cutting in and out for the time being,i just jumped onto WPDH's stream and right now its sounding good.... (All day today it was cutting in and out every 5 seconds (I emailed someone there about it))

This is the first today i have been able to listen to it! (W/o it cutting in and out) -- Now if the level was brought up slightly (Like the internet ads are loud) it would be better!

Maybe i care too much,i dunno....... (Someone has to though,if there were more ppl like me,THE WORLD MIGHT BE A BETTER PLACE)

said by Xioden :
It's Cumulus Media who is providing that low quality streams in the first place, and this is nothing new. They don't want you listening online since they make more money from local over-the-air ads.
Then why bother streaming at all???

And yes the bad quality on alot of stations started with the merge with IHEART RADIO (48k MP3) -- WPDH used to be 64k WMA and they sounded excellent!!!! (Good level,etc)

Xioden
Premium
Monticello, NY

The MP3 codec doesn't work particularly well with lower bitrates. It also will vary greatly depending on the settings used to encode it. A 192kbps variable bitrate track can sound better and be smaller than a 128kbps bitrate track depending on the source material.

The 3 stations you listed in the original post, WPDH and WZZO both are using MPEG AAC (mp4a), while the FM Rock (at 128kbps) is using MP3.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
USA
reply to Dude111

No I know which is why I think its stupid that all stations went to 48k MP3 (for thier Mp3 stream) that merged with IHEART RADIO.... (Doesnt sound nearly as good)

Xioden
Premium
Monticello, NY

Again, it is nothing to do with iHeartRadio. Listen to various stations and music on their site. If you don't like the site/app that's one thing. It doesn't change the fact that it is the station that changed to a crappy low quality stream, not iHeartRadio.

The first two streams you linked are also not using MP3.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
USA

3 edits

WPDH is using MP3 also,i just linked to the AAC stream (Sounds a little better)

»provisioning.streamtheworld.com/···dhfm.asx (48k MP3)

I was told that IHEART RADIO wants all stations streaming with them to use MP3 format and be @ 48k,i dont know why....... (I think i was lied to) THIER STATIONS ARENT LIMITED TO THAT! (wzzo,etc) -- And why is the level SO LOW???????? (The music)

Its all very aggravating my friend! (I've calmed down about this)

join:2013-01-22
USA
reply to Dude111

It is very simple dude111, lower bitrate =lower costs to stream it. You aren't paying anything for this streaming are you?

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
USA

2 edits

No buddy but they USED TO CARE ABOUT WHAT THEY SOUNDED LIKE...... Why do they not now??

WHY COMPROMISE THE SOUND OF YOUR STREAM?? -- WHY BOTHER STREAMING AT ALL?????????? -- I JUST DONT GET IT...... STATIONS NEED TO EITHER PUT OUT GOOD STUFF LIKE THEY USED TO OR JUST PULL THE PLUG!!!!! -- WHY ARE MOST STATIONS LEVELS SO LOW NOW??????

This is KAZY which is streaming @ 96k WMA and although they SOUND GOOD,thier level is low!!!!!!! (Have to have volume way up to hear it good)

mms://nebcastwest.dyndns.org/KAZYFM

Expand your moderator at work

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON

5 recommendations

reply to Dude111

Re:  

said by Dude111:

WHY ARE MOST STATIONS LEVELS SO LOW NOW??????

Maybe your hearing is fading? Do you read your all caps posts out loud while you type them? I've never heard of someone damaging their hearing by yelling to themselves but it might be possible.

dave
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
kudos:8
reply to Dude111

(Whoops, thought you were talking about radio; remark withdrawn)

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to Dude111

Try Slacker, they use better encoding. No commercials. You can choose 80's must too. Or make your own radio station.

I made my own station after crappy SiriusXM got rid of a couple of my favourite stations, so I showed those bitches a thing to two. I made my owned damned station, and you know what? It's better than the damned stations that they had before....
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

Expand your moderator at work

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
USA
reply to J E F F

I hear ya Jeff,good for you!!

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

I used to listen to Cinemagic on XM, perfect when driving in stormy weather at night...just set the perfect mood, and between and them getting rid of BBC Radio 1, I wasn't too impressed. Anyway, volume on Slacker has been consistent. Not sure why they do it on others, maybe it saves them usage, I dunno.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:9

Another vote for Slacker. I loved it so much, I went premium & dropped SiriusXM. I stream it on my PCs, TVs, Smart Phones & via my smart phone feed it via Bluetooth to my car audio.

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

I also have Slacker Premium. Pretty sweet being able to use it on all kinds of devices as you say.

I stream from my phone or tablet to a bluetooth speaker in my bathroom for the shower tunes that get me pumped up to face the day.

Joey1973

@verizon.net
reply to J E F F

Slacker's $4/mo pay version is excellent for building your own stations--lots of good & useful customizations & features. The interface recently launched (today?), though, really sucks. And they haven't changed their Roku player look yet (or ever?)--still ugly/bright (so now it matches their new web etc. player). But it sounds great.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:9

I disagree. I love the new look & it's user friendly.

Joey1973

@verizon.net

It's the brightness I hate--for both interfaces (though esp. for the Roku). They just need to provide a "dark" option; everything else about the interface is mostly irrelevant (even the ugly blue color).

NotTheMama
What Would Earl Do?

join:2012-12-06

This helps I think: »userstyles.org/styles/45663/glob···-control

Joey1973

@verizon.net

Yep, that's much better. When you're in a light-dimmed room listening to some music from the easy chair but you want to be able to glance over to verify that some track that's playing is already "favorite'd", having this really bright white window glaring over the whole room is visually annoying. Yeah, I like it well enough now that's it at "half-light".

Netbum

join:2002-04-08
Oakley, CA
reply to Dude111

Re:  

I think it sounds pretty good,from here.
Best online radio thing I've come across,so far.

Santa Fe
Man is an animal that wants to exist.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to Dude111

Right now, I'm stuck using out Apartments Wi-Fi, and to say the least streaming video/radio is iffy at best. Sometimes we get a whopping 54 Mbps, other times 1, if it even connects at all. Am I blaming the streaming radio sites? Nope, I just blame whomever is running the Wi-Fi.

Trust me, when you're in the middle of updating Windows 7 or Xubuntu, there's NO feeling like getting 95% done then have the Wi-Fi channel suddenly get changed to one with 40% signal strength, even though there's one channel up top at 100%.

Next time, I'm gonna be sitting in the Apartments office & when it happens again, I'll show the manager & ask him why it's 100% till it's almost over THEN I get changed to a 30-40% channel?

I know, people get on & off, but really, 100% for 2 hours then zap no connection?

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Rant, already in progress!
--
Explore Xubuntu. Like It? Install It. [Love It]!

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
reply to Dude111

Why do you want better quality? Sound play quality was fucka low in the 80's so iheart sounds just like your thing. I mean really, how can you want better things when so much was just shit then and you love it so?

Not only that, computers didn't stream then giving no choices and you love that too. So what is the complaint about? You got your 80's quality and now you are unhappy with it?
--
"I like to refer to myself as an Adult Film Efficienato." - Stuart Bondek