how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jeffmoss26

join:2002-07-22
Beachwood, OH

home network cleanup

Decided to change my setup around a bit. Had some pieces of gear I was not using and added some new stuff. I also removed one of my tower servers that was not even powered on.

Originally I had a Cisco 2950 as my main switch, I got a Dell 2824 to replace that. Removed the Dell 3448 and an older Dell switch someone gave me years ago.

Before:

I did not like dealing with the unnecessarily long patch cords, so I removed the organizer and got some 1 footers and moved the switch right under the patch panel. I also got a Mitel 5000 HX controller (phone system) so it needed a home. I kept the Cisco switch in the rack so I can still mess with IOS. The organizer is now in the bottom of the rack, and is just holding keys.

After:

sk1939
Premium
join:2010-10-23
Mclean, VA
kudos:10

The Mitel is an interesting piece, is it a IP PBX?

jeffmoss26

Beachwood, OH

It takes single line, digital, and IP sets. The 5000 was originally made by Inter-Tel, and Mitel continues to sell/develop it since they bought Inter-Tel a few years ago. I am using one digital phone from my Inter-Tel Axxess for some testing at the moment.

Cyanide41

join:2002-10-06
mexico
reply to jeffmoss26

why are there 10,000 keys? Despite the long patch panels in the before pick, it looked pretty organized.

jeffmoss26

Beachwood, OH

definitely not 10,000 keys...lol
I collect locks so those are just some of the many keys that go with them!

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX
Reviews:
·ObiVoice
·flowroute
·Comcast
·voip.ms
·Callcentric

said by jeffmoss26:

definitely not 10,000 keys...lol
I collect locks so those are just some of the many keys that go with them!

lock picking?
--
[nUll@dcypher ~]$

jeffmoss26

Beachwood, OH
reply to jeffmoss26

yes, I collect and pick locks. There are quite a few of us IT types on the lock forums

Zorack

join:2001-12-14
Fayetteville, WV
reply to jeffmoss26

nice home rack you got there