dslreports logo
site
 
    All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer




how-to block ads


Search Topic:
uniqs
9
share rss forum feed


ToxicDrew
Premium
join:2001-09-24
reply to anon guy

Re: Wire Maintenance Insurance

said by anon guy :

said by ToxicDrew:

I was having constant drops from my modem. I called tech and they dispatched a guy the next day. He arrived on time tested the modem and said everything was fine. I then received a $45 charge on my bill. Not once was I told about the fee! I called and they immediately blackmailed me into adding $4.99 wire maintenance in exchange for a credit of $45 -__-

Actually if you go to your local office they have flyers that show the channel line-ups and rates for everything including fees.

Would it have killed them to take 5 extra seconds and tell me hey sir by the way we noticed you DO NOT have wire maintenance on your account and there will be a $45 dollar visit fee if we do not find a problem.
--
dream your dreams with open eyes and make them come true...

whoaru99

join:2003-12-17

4 edits
said by ToxicDrew:

Would it have killed them to take 5 extra seconds and tell me hey sir by the way we noticed you DO NOT have wire maintenance on your account and there will be a $45 dollar visit fee if we do not find a problem.

What would you have done upon having this knowledge, cancel the service call or signed up for the wire maintenance service?

FWIW, there is very little that can go wrong with the CATV wire inside your house unless you've been messing with it. Point being, the odds of a problem being due to the wire is slim.

It's kind of like buying an extended warranty. For 10% of people it was a good deal. They're happy as a clam they got a benefit. For the other 90%, well, they just paid into the kitty.


ToxicDrew
Premium
join:2001-09-24
said by whoaru99:

said by ToxicDrew:

Would it have killed them to take 5 extra seconds and tell me hey sir by the way we noticed you DO NOT have wire maintenance on your account and there will be a $45 dollar visit fee if we do not find a problem.

What would you have done upon having this knowledge, cancel the service call or signed up for the wire maintenance service?

FWIW, there is very little that can go wrong with the CATV wire inside your house unless you've been messing with it. Point being, the odds of a problem being due to the wire is slim.

It's kind of like buying an extended warranty. For 10% of people it was a good deal. They're happy as a clam they got a benefit. For the other 90%, well, they just paid into the kitty.

Yes I would have cancelled the service call and just accepted I had shitty service.
--
dream your dreams with open eyes and make them come true...