spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

HKPolice

join:2002-08-09
Scarborough, ON
reply to HKPolice

Re: [Cable] Youtube lags at night still, upgrade cache servers?

Welp it is now Tuesday night, the balancing fix should've been done yesterday.

Guess what? Still averaging 200-300KB/s off youtube. One more week of this and I'm switching to start.

MrMazda86

join:2013-01-29
Kitchener, ON

I can understand everyone's frustration, but I'm running a few tests on my end and I'm unable to duplicate any kind of problem...

One example:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxRvBWWkou8

This video in 720p seems to be streaming just fine. I'm on DSL 6 in Kitchener currently and having no issue. I think the problem you may be experiencing here may be that of a network congestion nature.

I'm honestly at a loss to explain why DSL users seem to be affected by this as well.

I know that a few of my friends here on Rogers have had some issue with YouTube at peak hours, but that seems to be an issue that is isolated to the particular POI that they're on and only rears its ugly head around peak hours... Welcome to cable!

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to HKPolice

said by HKPolice:

Welp it is now Tuesday night, the balancing fix should've been done yesterday.

Guess what? Still averaging 200-300KB/s off youtube. One more week of this and I'm switching to start.

Marc said on another thread, it won't be done until tomorrow now, cause they just installed the line today... they are going to try to cut over.