Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ubermoe

join:2012-09-21
Jordan
reply to joako

Re: Unobtrusive Antivirus?

The weird thing is that I don't see any single mention of Kaspersky, it's either because you know something about it that makes it bad which I don't know or it's not that popular.

I've tried many of them including Norton, Avira, Avast, Node32 and more but to be honest I never been comfortable and pleased with the results of any on the early mentioned. Then I got a recommendation via email to try Kaspersky. I am with them since years. Give it a shot

For a home user, try KS Internet Security 2013 »www.kaspersky.com/safe?icid=bnnr···sfe_area

For business, try Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business; Advanced »www.kaspersky.com/business-secur···advanced

Sometime I thank for using OS X for personal usage. Yes, it's not completely clean but Apple is solving such problem in free software updates. – This is irrelevant but I felt like expressing

slajoh01

join:2005-04-23
For business I would go for McAfee VirusScan or Symantec Endpoint Protection. Shockingly, these are not so bad as to regards to sucking up system performances.

The home versions are more of a resource hogs beleive it or not.

For home I would go for NOD32. But only get the AV standalone product itself. And not the whole bundled security suite.

joako
Premium
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null
kudos:6
I've been using the NOD32 trial for a few days. I disabled all the "features" that I didn't need and there's no red OMG you are insecure alerts.

The most obtrusive thing it's done is create by default a folder in Outlook for "Infected Items" which I was able to disable and delete.
--
PRescott7-2097

knarf829

join:2007-06-02
kudos:1
reply to ubermoe
said by ubermoe:

The weird thing is that I don't see any single mention of Kaspersky, it's either because you know something about it that makes it bad which I don't know or it's not that popular.

Didn't Kaspersky just take a dump on its users recently?

Oh, here it is:
»news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-575677···p-users/