Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gazelder

join:2013-02-08
Richmond, VA
reply to Carnivore

Re: [HD] Loud commercials on HD channels- INSERTION

If as some have suggested Verizon doesn't care AND we seem to be having problems with multiple local offices what does it really take to get the FCC to DO ANYTHING? I get the impression that complaints are taken and put in File 13 automatically! Anyone know of a "group" that is trying to wake the FCC up to their responsibilities? (Right now I know one place the government can save money... de-fund the FCC offices that shuffle paper. I've registered MULTIPLE complaints - 8 this AM alone and have a good idea what will result...

Carnivore

join:2003-01-06

Since the CALM act is a new initiative, and there are those in Congress who want to see the results of their efforts (as in Chuck Schumer), I think the FCC will soon pick at least one offender to impose a fine on to set an example.

It probably doesn't matter whether it's Verizon or another provider since the news will make the rounds throughout the cable industry and get the attention of upper managers. Only at that point will we likely see any action from the providers on this.

That's why I still think it's worth documenting the offenses and filing complaints with the FCC.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

That super loud Wayne Tile ad just aired on FNC Ch618 at 8:49pm.