spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TWCFH

@mindspring.com

Earthlink Cable in 11375

I have Earthlink Cable in Forest Hills, NY 11375.

Problem is internet is disconnecting intermittently. 4000ms ping times to my IP on the 1st hop or time outs where the internet will just stop responding so it seems to be due to a router on the backend.

Called it in, Time Warner said there was a known issue in my area after I gave the account number. My IP is an Earthlink IP but the routers thereafter are roadrunner so I am not sure if it is an Earthlink Cable or Time Warner issue but I contacted Time Warner first who said they were aware of the issue.

tonyram57

join:2001-11-08
Brooklyn, NY

I posted something similar but got no responses. I also have Earthlink Cable in 11217 and the other day since Sunday (Feb 10th-12th) after around 11:30 pm my upload got really slow. I called them up and they also said there is a problem in the area but it is fixed yesterday. It is fine since yesterday.

TWCFH

@mindspring.com
reply to TWCFH

Still problems. Now they blamed the modem when signal levels were fine. Tech gave me Case # and said he would accelerate it.

Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

tonyram57

join:2001-11-08
Brooklyn, NY

Trust me it is not the modem. I went through six of them. You are probably taking to Level 1 idiots. Call this number for Level 3 support 866-506-0218.

TWCFH

@mindspring.com

I spoke to people in the online chat when it was working.

The last person said they would accelerate it. The people I spoke to seem to be trained to just get you off the phone rather than fix the issue.

I did get a case # and a phone # to call. If the problem is widespread, I live in a highrise here with 500+ Units though many are on another provider, then obviously they will be hearing complaints from others in the system so it will eventually get fixed. They just seem to be slow to acknowledge it.

The 10K04 router went out last time, but it got fixed. Now Time Warner's status page is down. I asked the rep who said they were working on fixing it, but its been down for awhile.

TWCFH

@mindspring.com

Problem still going on with timeouts from the modem IP on the first hop.

Spoke to someone who had me do lots of tests like ping and traceroutes but the problem of the 1st hop is still bad.

Liza

@mindspring.com
reply to TWCFH

Yes, some of us in our building on the Upper West Side Manhattan are having the same problem; a repair person is due tomorrow. Meanwhile I can't get the modem (Toshiba cable modem PCX2500) to accept wifi!