spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

EMKO

@shawcable.net

[AB] no internet between 10am-1pm for 2 months now

Called Shaw a month ago they said its congestion and its getting fixed, month later and still the same crap but now they say it will be fixed in 2013. Whats the point of me paying for the internet when this is the time i am using it the most.
What alternative is there to Shaw in Calgary other then Telus?

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3

10am-1pm is a weird time for congestion to be limited to...

You internet stops working completely?

-Posted from my phone.

bucko2013

@telus.com
reply to EMKO

Unfortunate for you and the area . Telus is only company available so Yeh but telus is better than Shaw so why try them out .

kevinds
Premium
Calgary, AB
Reviews:
·Shaw

Didn't Telus recently lower their caps, and raise their prices? But this doesn't add to the discussion...

Going based only on the information the OP posted, that isn't normal congestion.
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

ExTel

@74.198.150.x
reply to bucko2013

Oh hey Bucko didn't realize you was a telus employee posting from Telus.com corporate. Makes sense though looking over your past posts.
For the OP that is a bit of a weird time for congestion? Complete outage, I've called in before about congestion too and was told the specific times it occurs but was not that much impacting, mainly in the evening. Did they tell you the prime time impact was lunch time? Is it shaw go wifi? I can see people using that at lunchtime..

EMKO

@shawcable.net

after 10am-1pm outage it works perfect i also thought congestion was in the evening when everyone would be using the internet the most but i don't know. Its a 100Mbps connection and i am in the NE Martindale area.

EMKO

@shawcable.net
reply to kevinds

its mostly down but it does come back on sometimes for a few minutes but its very random. Yes completely down modem lights that are on when its working turn off like the online light goes from blue to off, ds and us go off and turn to green blinking light but that's from what i remember. Its not like the internet slows down i test it all the time and i get 60+Mbs it just turns off.

lostspaceman

join:2012-07-26
T3N0K7
Reviews:
·Shaw

That doesn't sound like congestion at all... Congestion would cause your internet to slow down and reduce the available BW, but I've never heard of a modem dropping it's link with the CMTS like that due to congestion.

Do you have other Shaw services? How are they during those hours?

ravenchilde

join:2011-04-01
kudos:2
reply to EMKO

said by EMKO :

its mostly down but it does come back on sometimes for a few minutes but its very random. Yes completely down modem lights that are on when its working turn off like the online light goes from blue to off, ds and us go off and turn to green blinking light but that's from what i remember. Its not like the internet slows down i test it all the time and i get 60+Mbs it just turns off.

That isn't congestion, your modem is actually de-registering. Ask the Tech Support folk why your modem de-registers every day.

EMKO

@shawcable.net
reply to lostspaceman

phone and cable work at that time

kevinds
Premium
Calgary, AB
Reviews:
·Shaw

Register so you can send a private message with your account information to Shaw_Alex who can take another look at your modem, signal, SNR, flap report, if he can see a pattern every day at 10am to 1 pm, check if weekends too, Shaw should be able to track down your issue.

Congestion wouldn't cause your modem's lights to change (drop connection to the CMTS).
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

lostspaceman

join:2012-07-26
T3N0K7

Agreed,there's for sure something wrong and the first step would be to have Shaw look at your modem stats over the last few weeks. At the very least they can check the tx/rx and SNR RF levels.