how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tonyram57

join:2001-11-08
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

Road Runner Network Status Page Still down.

Click for full size
Down
It is still down for me. Just throws up a error message. Been like this for days.

scififan68

join:2010-10-02
Fremont, NE

1 recommendation

Yeah has been down since like the 11th or 12th and I'm starting to wonder if they removed it since it is the only thing that is gone.

tonyram57

Brooklyn, NY

Considering that I can go on help.rr.com and trying to find the network status page is impossible then they might have gotten rid of it.

mckenna797
Premium
join:2004-08-25
Astoria, NY

my services is working fine for me
»myservices.timewarnercable.com/?···account/

scififan68

join:2010-10-02
Fremont, NE

I get "Page Unavailable

Sorry - the page you selected is not available for your location.

Reselect your location
Go to the help.rr.com Home Page"
When trying to access the FAQ pertaining to the network status page, which makes me think they have removed it or moved it, I can't be sure yet. »help.rr.com/hmsfaqs/e_network_status.aspx

TWCFH

@mindspring.com

Who knows why they stopped the page. Internal company policy or whatnot.

Was looking at the Board of Directors of TWC and they are all high quality guys. Obviously any firm will have some unknowledgable employees or whatnot, where you just need to accelerate problems to higher ups.

I am just one user on the TWC Cable plant with a LOT of different global broadband firms in the world.

Just hope management realizes that tracking progress with status is important and should be done to make the network better but if they didn't like the way the information was presented or details in it, perhaps they can present it a different way.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11

I have never liked the outage page. It was confusing using node related information which actually means nothing to a customer and I don't believe was viewed by very many people at all other than some that frequent here.

I hope that someone has been working on something that is relevant and is updated in real time. Be interesting to see.

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to mckenna797

What does that page have to do with Network Status page? Zero.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to hobgoblin

I always thought the page was confusing to read and Oceanic didn't keep it updated so I quit using it years ago. But we also had a local Network Status page accessed on our About Town webpae that was generally kept up to date. Now, we don't have that and Network Status when you call Oceanic is not nearly as useful as it used to be. Until last year sometime, the first thing you would hear when calling (before being asked questions to determine how to route your call) would be the current network status throughout the state with detailed information with areas with a problem. That was very helpful. If I heard that there was a current problem in my area then I would just hang up at that point. I had no need to go further. That saved me time and Oceanic money. Then that changed last year and the Network status announcement got buried and you had to input all the information to route your call before hearing network status which was still for the entire state so no need to input for routing before hearing that.

I asked about the change and was told it was forced by corporate. We had had our own calling system all these years and then finally that was changed. Stupid change as now I have to either input TV problem so I get local customer service to tell me the network status or if I say internet problem then I get routed to NHD and someone there has to tell me there is a problem in my area which they don't know without calling Oceanic and asking while I am on hold and they can't get through because Oceanic has been jammed with local calls. A waste of my time and a waste of Oceanic's time and money. Maybe it has been changed this year so that network status is again immediately addressed by a current recorded message as soon as your call is connected. (I can also hope those horrible, chirpy, too high pitched, falsely cheerful Mainland female voices that interact with you to route your call have been changed too. Oceanic has had a lot of complaints since we were forced to use the Mainland TWC voice system. NO ONE likes that in Hawaii).
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

enrolk

join:2002-04-23
Murrells Inlet, SC
reply to tonyram57

I tried to get "Paperless Billing" through the same site a couple of years ago and got the same message. So it hasn't changed any.

I could go to they're local "orifice" and see them in person, but it means getting off my butt, so I wait a few more years. No big deal.

Sorry for the others though.
--
Satellite gone. Now Cable
Motorola Surfboard

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11

said by enrolk:

I tried to get "Paperless Billing" through the same site a couple of years ago and got the same message. So it hasn't changed any.

You tried to get paperless billing through the Network Status page?
OK!

Try Myservices.

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

kilrathi
Premium
join:2005-04-22
Rockaway Park, NY
reply to tonyram57

This really sucks, the network status page used to give me an idea if something was going on near my area etc... now this is taken away so I have to call level 3 just to find out minor matters. Really weak decision by tw to remove it.

Racerbob
Premium
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
kudos:1

Is it really that important of a deal ? I haven't tried to view any network status pages in years on Time Warner.

Earthlinky

join:2013-02-15
Forest Hills, NY
Reviews:
·Earthlink Cable ..

Yes and monitoring network should be part of the Franchise Agreement and this page should be shown to consumers as well.

I suggest everyone contact their local franchising authority such as NYC DOITT »www.nyc.gov/html/doitt/html/home/home.shtml on this.

Time Warner in the Direct forums is totally useless and had even scheduled someone without my permission knowing full well there is no line issue inside my residence and I did not give them permission for entry. I wish Time Warner's franchise was pulled and Time Warner was merged with Cablevision. It would lead to vasty improved services across the board. Either that or another quality team to run and improve the network.

Or one could split up Time Warner into smaller cable providers so they would compete against each other.

Time Warner AND RCN which are available here are both lousy and Time Warner had been the better of the two. FIOS is NOT in here yet and I may have to file a lawsuit against my co-op board to get them to be allowed to enter. I tried to contact Verizon but have not heard back.

bluepoint

join:2001-03-24
reply to Racerbob

said by Racerbob:

Is it really that important of a deal ? I haven't tried to view any network status pages in years on Time Warner.

For NYC yes cause there are too many hubs in our area. Knowing when will the maintenance or work will be, it's important to us plus it's less call for TWC. We can just look it up and pretty much we know what' going on.

tonyram57

Brooklyn, NY
reply to kilrathi

said by kilrathi:

This really sucks, the network status page used to give me an idea if something was going on near my area etc... now this is taken away so I have to call level 3 just to find out minor matters. Really weak decision by tw to remove it.

I used it but when I had problems in my area I could not figure out where I was located with so many locations so it was hard to know. Also I could never find the network status page on the RR Help site no matter how much I searched or looked. Just kept bringing me back to the main page. If it was not for the link here I would have never known it even existed and I bet you many customers did not know either.

kilrathi
Premium
Rockaway Park, NY
reply to tonyram57

I always knew when something is going on, it had to do with cookies for me if locaton was set to nyc then status page showed for nyc, and it was great I could even see scheduled work, I knew the HUB that was related to my area, and many times I was able to see thre was a problem near etc....

This really sucks that they removed it. boo dissapointing

Nick21

join:2010-02-03
New York, NY

1 recommendation

reply to tonyram57

It's unfortunate, very good resource. I always had the heads up on problems or service outages which was a great service.

Earthlinky

join:2013-02-15
Forest Hills, NY
Reviews:
·Earthlink Cable ..

I suggest all of you from NYC complain on the NYC DOITT contact forum. Perhaps we can get some action taken against Time Warner Cable.

»www.nyc.gov/html/mail/html/maildoitt.html

We can all work to help each other out here.

JustBurnt

@rr.com
reply to tonyram57

From my experience the network status page wasn't worth the paper is was printed on, most of the information was ancient and worthless.

If they could get something that updated future repairs on a regular basis, and outages in real time, and clear everything a day or so after it is completed, that would be great, .

bluepoint

join:2001-03-24

said by JustBurnt :

From my experience the network status page wasn't worth the paper is was printed on, most of the information was ancient and worthless.

If they could get something that updated future repairs on a regular basis, and outages in real time, and clear everything a day or so after it is completed, that would be great, .

That's what it does in NYC. From the site, you can see future repair/maintenances, outages in realtime.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
reply to tonyram57

I guess it is gone forever?

kilrathi
Premium
Rockaway Park, NY

1 recommendation

reply to tonyram57

This is horrible, but hey I guess I will just have to annoy customer relations and level 3 reps more just to find out basic stuff every day if anything is going on etc... oh and I will always complain to them about this too.

kilrathi
Premium
Rockaway Park, NY

1 recommendation

reply to tonyram57

Yea without this page, last night I noticed weird stuff in log and some issues, I assumed it was some work in area, if the network status page be up I would go and see, but instead I had to call l3 wait 20 min on phone and then find out that in fact there was work/mainteance done on node that affected all customers and it will be continuing for next day or so. Now I will have to call every day to find out when its over, as whatever they doing is causing some issues.