share rss forum feed

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to DGGSLF

Re: Lost all local HD QAM channels - northeast

said by DGGSLF:

VZ definitely did something to block these channels.

Im still gonna lean that it was done by mistake when they were doing some type of other upgrade. Hopefully next few days you see them all in clear-qam again.

JPL
Premium
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA
kudos:4
said by bohratom:

said by DGGSLF:

VZ definitely did something to block these channels.

Im still gonna lean that it was done by mistake when they were doing some type of other upgrade. Hopefully next few days you see them all in clear-qam again.

I agree with you on this. For all those who think this was Verizon's approach to encrypting locals... read the article that guppy_fish linked. It states that the FCC is requiring that cable companies who go this route must provide a way to access those locals for 2 years for free. Since Verizon hasn't done that... and since no one else seems to be having issues with clear QAM channels... this sounds like a snafu to me.

To the OP, are you JUST trying to go to the local channel 'number'? Meaning are you just trying to tune in, say, 4-1? Because it could be that their PSIP mappings are all screwed up. If that's the case, then you'll still be able to get to your locals, but you'll have to go to the actual frequency to tune them in.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
I'm also thinking some major changes behind the scenes are going on right now that involve realigning QAM-to-channel mappings (how channels are combined by QAM). Like JPL said, maybe someone messed up and a broadcast channel was incorrectly mapped or not mapped a clear-QAM channel.