share rss forum feed

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to HiVolt

Re: Unlimited Internet option on Rogers for a limited time

said by HiVolt:

So if you're only an internet subscriber without any other services, you cannot add this?

See 2nd bullet point - it's $30.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
said by bt:

said by HiVolt:

So if you're only an internet subscriber without any other services, you cannot add this?

Yeah, I misread it...

So the exact "monkey-see monkey-do" option like Bell...

How the hell is this not collusion?
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

cdeen

join:2013-02-04
Mississauga, ON
Customers on Express and up have to carry the Enhanced modem ($8/mo) to get the unlimited usage --- sucks for anyone that already bought the Wireless N Gateway

caca

join:2012-11-19
Kitchener, ON
i called today and they told me i have to drop my speed from the 150/10 to 45/4 in order to have unlimited.I have phone/cable and inter with them so now am not sure what am going to do.Drop speed or keep same speed and pay the $100 over am in a contract with them for 2 yrs

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
Try calling them again. Point out that the website says "Now you can add unlimited internet to any package too!". No mention in the fine print of 150/10 not being eligible.

Demand to speak to a manager if they still say no.

Samgee

join:2010-08-02
canada
kudos:2
reply to caca
said by caca:

i called today and they told me i have to drop my speed from the 150/10 to 45/4 in order to have unlimited.I have phone/cable and inter with them so now am not sure what am going to do.Drop speed or keep same speed and pay the $100 over am in a contract with them for 2 yrs

You're already paying over $200, what's another $100.

Viper359
Premium
join:2006-09-17
Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
Tell them to piss off, and send them to their own website which states this"Rogers already gives you the fastest Hi-Speed Internet in the most homes with speeds up to 150Mbps1 on our Ultimate package. Now you can add unlimited internet to any package too! Download, upload, and stream without worrying!"

caca

join:2012-11-19
Kitchener, ON
reply to bt
i did they said they not sure if i can do it cause they only see the lower ones offering that so am going to wait a couple days and call back.They also said not available right now but in there page says Feb 15

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

said by bt:

said by HiVolt:

Yeah, I misread it...

So the exact "monkey-see monkey-do" option like Bell...

How the hell is this not collusion?

Because Bell and Rogers said so....
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

kavmac

join:2011-10-20
Ottawa, ON
reply to cdeen
absolutely not true. i've got the cisco dpc3825, which is $7/month and can get unlimited on all plans, as they were about to give me unlimited on the old ultimate plan last night. only upgrade required is for the new 150/10. so don't just state something that's a lie for others to take at your word.

Tuffcalc

join:2012-08-04
Is it possible to get unlimited with the DPC3825? They are saying I have to "upgrade" to the Hitron modem.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
said by Tuffcalc:

Is it possible to get unlimited with the DPC3825? They are saying I have to "upgrade" to the Hitron modem.

Bullshit. The cap has nothing do with the modem.

Tuffcalc

join:2012-08-04
said by mlerner:

said by Tuffcalc:

Bullshit. The cap has nothing do with the modem.

It isn't BS if the rogers system won't allow you to upgrade to unlimited without the Hi-Tron.

Has anyone upgraded to unlimited with the Cisco DPC?

Pesterd

join:2013-01-22
Well the person submitted a form for ultimate for me, on the SMC modem. Just sharing my exp. Said I should get it within 3-5 days. I thought it was going to be an instant change starting on the 19th?

technocar2

join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON
kudos:2
reply to kavmac
said by kavmac:

absolutely not true. i've got the cisco dpc3825, which is $7/month and can get unlimited on all plans, as they were about to give me unlimited on the old ultimate plan last night. only upgrade required is for the new 150/10. so don't just state something that's a lie for others to take at your word.

Wrong buddy, they will not give unlimited to me just because I have ultimate, home phone, and cable TV. I have already contacted the office of the president and its a no go even from them (yyzlhr was right), they ARE false advertising! Its only available to plans lower then ultimate.

Here is what they had to say:

"You are correct in that the details on the Rogers.com website indicate that you can add unlimited internet to any package. With that said, as was discussed earlier, the details as to how unlimited usage is attained for the different tiers is explained in the links provided on that same page. This is not false advertising; you were advised earlier what would be required to have unlimited usage on the Ultimate tier [downgrade to extreme plus or cancel home phone or cancel cable tv]. However, I do apologize if the wording on the page has confused matters. You have my assurance that your feedback will be forwarded to our Planning department in order to review how the details are explained, to ensure the specifications are provided in a clear and concise manner."

As you can see they are just being stubborn as if having two services vs three services makes a difference.

kavmac

Ottawa, ON
reply to Pesterd
don't hold your breath. i called saturday, had the form filled out, nothing on file but my cable cancellation request when the RogersHelps team looked into it last night. might as well call and get it done right away.

kavmac

Ottawa, ON

1 edit
reply to Tuffcalc
not sure. it was a long time between responses for a bit. i questioned the $152.99 as i was on the older plan since nobody wanted to confirm that i could get 150/10 here in ottawa (i already knew it was available in kanata). never mentioned the modem change, but i suppose that would've been where the conversation went had i agreed to the ultimate package. 35 down is fine for me, before i switched to rogers for internet i was on 6 down with acanac dsl, so i've just been plan hopping as usage needs change for the caps. i'll take $65 unlimited at 35 down over $92 for ultimate speed that i don't really need.

edit: sorry, you can get unlimited with the cisco box, however i cannot confirm if unlimited ultimate is available.

kavmac

Ottawa, ON
reply to technocar2
it's still available to anyone with the cisco router, which is what i stated. the fact that you can't obtain it as a customer with other services, is a different story. but it is an actual fact that it can be obtained by someone with the cisco router. see my previous post with a direct screenshot with confirmation from the RogersHelps team on Twitter. nothing stopped me from upgrading to unlimited ultimate with the cisco router last night, except the fact that a) RogersHelps closed for the night and b) i downgraded my plan.