TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

2 recommendations

[Cable] Cogeco ATPIA migration - done

Hey Gang,

We finished the migration to aggregated TPIA in the Cogeco territory earlier this week.

We are now technically able to service their entire Ontario footprint but we are still working on back office systems to actually offer it fully on our web site. There is also the obvious costs that are likely to change soon with a CRTC decision that is due out soon. Once that's all happened we will reassess where things are at.

In the mean time though we are happy to take on some beta testers if you will.. it's really more of a full service than anything else but given the above, we're going to continue to plug away and square away those issues before we go full force into it.

To take part in the beta testing simply show interest in this thread and we will follow up with you.

As for rates, for now, what we're doing is whatever is currently on our web site for the Chatham area but with the speeds updated...

So here is what it looks like until we reassess:

Essentials 6 (website says 3) - unlimited/24.95
Lite 10 (website says 7) - 300/32.95 & unlimited/39.95
Express 20 (website says 14) - 300/37.95 & unlimited/48.95
Pro 30 (website says 16) - 300/49.95 & unlimited/61.95

For existing users that were migrated this week. You should already have been migrated according to the speeds mentioned above except if you were 16 meg.

The primary issue is that most existing users have a D2 modem. So, those on 14 with a D2 modem will only get 16 meg speeds but if you upgrade to a D3 modem, you'll get the 20 meg speeds automatically. Same deal with the 16 meg.. but instead we will upgrade you to 30 meg if you choose to replace your D2 modem... i.e. there was no point in us migrating you ahead of time since, if you have a D2 modem on the 30 meg plan, you still only get 16meg...

These are the first steps to fully launching as we've been promising for some time now. In the weeks ahead we will continue to work on smoothing out all the questions that may come up.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33

Thanks for the info Marc. Exciting times

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24

+1

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada

Could someone poke me?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

said by zacron:

Could someone poke me?

the code word is "gazonga"

I just made that up
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Or BEETLEJUICE X3

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to zacron

PM Sent

penguin318

join:2008-07-23
Smiths Falls, ON

1 edit
reply to TSI Marc

WANT!!!

I would love some Pro 30 unlimited

zzee

join:2011-09-05
reply to TSI Marc

sign me up

ShetiPhian

join:2011-12-29
Belleville, ON
reply to TSI Marc

I'm very glad I asked for the D3 now, I knew eventually there would be a benefit just didn't expect it before the modem arrived

This will put my internet roughly 5.7x faster, looks like I wont be making dinner while my videos buffer anymore

KnockKnock

join:2010-12-06
Chatham, ON
reply to TSI Marc

I like it.

snipes1

join:2005-08-21
Etobicoke, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Have the upload speeds increased from what is posted? 800Kbps for the lower two and 1Mbps for Express and above?

veriphone

join:2011-01-29
reply to TSI Marc

Well Marc.

As you'll remember I just got sogned up (as a Cogeco better tester) on Tuesday for 14M service. Got the D3 modem (DCM476).
Done numerous tests since...all came at about 14.75M down and 2.1M up.

According to what you said in your original post I should be getting 20M down.
Can you explain please?

Thanks.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

said by veriphone:

Well Marc.

As you'll remember I just got sogned up (as a Cogeco better tester) on Tuesday for 14M service. Got the D3 modem (DCM476).
Done numerous tests since...all came at about 14.75M down and 2.1M up.
According to what you said in your original post I should be getting 20M down.
Can you explain please?
Thanks.

you may have gotten missed in the batch script that changed them all. We'll get you fixed up...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

veriphone

join:2011-01-29

Thanks for the speedy reply Marc.
How long does it normally take to be corrected?
Never mind I'll sort it out with Andre on PM's not to hijack the post here.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

no worries.. its usually pretty fast. not sure about weekends but like you said, they'll figure out the details for ya.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

bogs83

join:2012-12-31
reply to TSI Marc

Does this mean that there will also be service in elora?

mikee

join:2012-12-21
Gloucester, ON
kudos:1
reply to TSI Marc

wow lucky cogeco guys! congrats on the new speeds teksavvy pretty sweet, cant wait till cable[rogers one] is ready too

geokilla

join:2010-10-04
North York, ON
reply to bogs83

What happens to the people on Congeco network when the prices and usage changes due to the CRTC decision? Grandfathered?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

said by geokilla:

What happens to the people on Congeco network when the prices and usage changes due to the CRTC decision? Grandfathered?

No, we dont grandfather. It wouldn't be fair for others. We've never done that. What you see is always what you get with us.

That being said, I dont know that the rates will change all that much in the end though. The 6 meg one may be the most out of line I'd say... it's really going to depend on the CBB rates once the CRTC decision is out. We will be very competitive regardless, I can guarantee you that.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23

said by TSI Marc:

No, we dont grandfather. It wouldn't be fair for others. We've never done that. What you see is always what you get with us.

Tell that to our company, which is stuck on a grandfathered 15/10 price that is roughly the same price as 25/10 costs, but can't get 25/10 because we were told by TekSavvy that Bell would demand full new-install activation fees and tech visits for a simple profile change.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

We have a grandfathered 15/10 price? We don't even have a way to do that in our billing system.

I'll get the guys to look into this either way.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

mikee

Gloucester, ON
reply to Guspaz

Hmm? I don't see 15/10 on their site. Only 15/1. Bell's site shows 15/10 25/10 50/10 for me.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
Montreal, QC

3 edits
reply to TSI Marc

It was a special order of a 15/10 residential VDSL2 dry loop, made on a business account in the interim FTTN tariff days. When the final tariffs came around, the interim 15/10 price we were paying turned out to be overpriced (only $2 less than 25/10), but when I recently tried to get it switched to 25/10 (reasoning our line was capable and we're paying almost that much anyhow), that's when I got the news that we would have to pay $114 in activation fees, pre-pay the first month of usage on the "new" service, and schedule two technician visits. For a simple profile change (which should cost us only $25 for the speed change fee).

We don't desperately need the 25 meg speeds or anything, it's just that I was annoyed at paying as much as a significantly faster service, and then getting into the ridiculous scenario where I can't touch the profile speed without incurring huge costs is absurd and frustrating. The fact that we haven't received an automated invoice in well over a year despite multiple calls to complain is also frustrating, although I can't guarantee that's not our mail server's fault. It worked fine when I called to have the invoices sent manually, though.

The company name for the account is "Quebec Anime Committee".

EDIT: Anybody who thinks residential broadband is overpriced should talk to the Palais des Congres de Montreal, which charges us $2000 per 3 days for a 5 megabit connection :P
--

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Ah, I see what you're saying.. grandfathered by the CRTC changes...

We should have something soon for you too.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Poser

join:2002-07-28
reply to TSI Marc

Glad to hear you're making headway. Keep up the good work!

mikee

Gloucester, ON
reply to Guspaz

Guspaz is that company/forum yours? I can't read french but I watch anime pretty cool.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
Montreal, QC

Not entirely mine, there's seven of us on the board of directors, but yes.

Our site and convention are fully bilingual, although our 2013 site is not up yet (you can view our previous years using the dropdown at the lower right corner of the splashpage, and they're all available in English). Staff write content in whatever language they like and then our translation department produces the translated version. I think most of our content is written in English, but a good chunk starts out in French. The convention was founded by the anime club of an English university, after all.
--

vincom

join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON

any eta for rogers

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to TSI Marc

For additional clarity... The rates I posted earlier today are the exact same rates we have had up and available for a year or two in Chatham.

i.e. We always had unlimited...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy