Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..

1 edit
reply to dashfan9

Re: [Other] When is 24 months not 24 months?

Same here, 24 month price guarantee on the Charter DUO.
Phone and Internet......$49.98 for first 12 months, then goes up $10.. (but then you had to sign a 24 month contract)

These contracts and guarantees don't exist any more. they did away with them after the "new" structure.

Perhaps a "sham", but what you gonna do? for some people, its their only option for internet.

(PS. Also depends on who you talk to and get ahold of...my sister had the same package, and she called/emailed/talked to corporate until she got her package for the entire 24 mos for the start price).

razorbladebi

join:2005-04-14
Reviews:
·Charter
Interesting... I just talked with no less than five different people at Charter who said they no longer do "rate lock" contracts (and haven't for a year or two).

I just cancelled with them after my rate went up 30% in three months (no contract). Those same five people said there was "nothing they could do that was any better than the $55/mo it will be on Feb 25,2013". Of course, I could bundle to my hearts content. I told them if they can beat my monthly rate of Netflix+Skype with their cable+phone package I'd be happy to. They then asked me when I'd like my cancellation to be effective.

NightOwl2

join:2012-03-19
I just edited my post to clarify, this offer is for a Triple Play. Nothing in regard to a lower price for internet. And it isn't called a contract, just an offered price. For base service only. Equipment is extra, DVR service, taxes, fees, all additional.

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
reply to razorbladebi
the "new" price structure took place June 2012 I believe.
no "contracts" after that.

said by razorbladebi:

Interesting... I just talked with no less than five different people at Charter who said they no longer do "rate lock" contracts (and haven't for a year or two).